Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Finally got it running!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2008, 11:34 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally got it running!!!

Ok..I have that 86 honda trx 350 that wasnt running, got the new stator in and it fired right up...tore around for a few minutes...now its running alittle rough, its got good gas in it, unless theres some crap in the tank, and the air filter is fine, is there a fuel filter on these??? Im not what else to check, i def believe its a fuel issue but why run great for a few min then poorly...? Maybe running it got some crap in the lines..what should I do?

Old 08-23-2008, 02:53 AM
No Ruts, No Glory
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

no fuel filter if stock.
I would drain all fuel, including the carb bowl and put fresh fuel in and try again.
If still a problem, then you may have some crud built up in the jets in the carb, probably caused by it sitting for a while with fuel still in the carb. Gas turns to a varnish over time and will plug up your carbs jets
If you don't have mechanical experience, you will want to have the carb cleaned and/or rebuilt professionally.

Old 08-23-2008, 06:51 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does the fuel pump sound good when it's pumping .. It should rattle fast until the float bowl is full .. We get them in sometimes that click slow when pumping and this is ok for the engine to idle but when the engine is reving (driving) it will starve for fuel and miss/die/ or the bike will quit .. Here also is the fuel test for the pump/relay ..
I would change/check the fuel filter if the pump seems good ..
================================================== ==============================================

================================================== ==============================================