Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

need some advice on rincon 680

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2008, 12:50 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need some advice on rincon 680

ok so i went to the honda shop today to pick up my new rincon. i had went last week to pick it out and the salesman knew i was coming today to pay cash. when i got there he offered to throw in a warn XT 40 winch if i financed it. since the very first thing i was gonna do is put a winch on it anyway i thought it might be a good deal. he went on to say that i could make 3 payments and it would be the same as paying cash. i told him i would be back in the morning with my decision. so here are my questions...is that warn xt 40 the BEST? because thats what i want on it....has anyone else had a situation like this?....why in the world would this man not want my cash? i understand that this is not actually a "technical" question about the atv but i just need help bad. and all is appreciated...this beast WILL BE in my garage by lunchtime tommorrow.

Old 08-21-2008, 01:03 PM
Pro Rider

personally I would pay cash if I could hands down, I do not know why he would WANT you to finance it unless the dealers get some more cut or something from the finance company, I have no idea.

Or it could be a special promotional deal from honda finance, "If you finace your new bike we will throw in a free winch"

Old 08-21-2008, 01:10 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!

As far as the winch itself goes that winch is desinged for utv use and is a bit overkill for a Rincon. I have one of the heaviest quads on the market in the Sportsman and only use a 2.5 and it work great. You could easily get by with paying less for a winch such as the 2.5 or the 3.0 and be just fine!

Old 08-21-2008, 05:59 PM
Pro Rider

When you finance your bike the dealer gets a kickback from the finance company which is why they can afford to throw in a free winch...if they are generous enought to throw it in with financing, they should throw it in for cash payment too. Usually the financed price and cash prices are different with the latter being lower. If you do finance, check with the finance company and make sure there is no penalty for paying it out early and theres no balloon payment at the end.

With regards to the winch, its hard to go to big, a larger winch will work alot less when you get stuck.

Old 08-21-2008, 06:01 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!

It also breaks things allot easy'r as well!

Old 08-22-2008, 03:01 PM
Weekend Warrior

thanks guys...i picked it up today and got the winch too. you all were aright about the financing deal. they get kickbacks for financing. i paid half down and financed the rest but i mailed the remaining balance to the fin. company on the way home. it was exactly the same as paying cash. thanks for the advice and i will put some pics up as soon as i get these wheels and tires on.

Old 08-23-2008, 01:21 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

So they stuck an XT40 on it?

I agree that is overkill, and probably capable of bending the quad's frame. The XT30 I would say would be the best choice for that machine. Synthetic line, wireless remote, fully sealed, and more than enough power to pull a Rincon out of anything...

Do double check your finance agreement. Some are simple interest loans, but some charge a penalty for early payoff. I think the last loan I did, for example, charged $100 if paid off within the first year.

Anyhow, enjoy the new machine.