Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

stumped please help

Old 08-13-2008, 01:16 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stumped please help

i have a trx200sx and i know my sprag bearing is going bad because of the spinning symptoms. I have replaced the rear clutch and put it back together. When i ran it after replacing the clutch and discs, i got a kind of a knock noise on acceleration(not idling or keeping a speed or decellerating) Anyways i figured i would go through it again to make sure everything is tight cuz the noise is coming from the right crankcase cover and you can feel it when it makes that noise. Tore it apart and ripped both clutches off and inspected everything. Cam chain seems pretty tight. Anyways closed it backup and now it knocks\rattles louder than before but still only when accelerating. Could this all be the sprag bearing?

please help i dont know what to try next!!!

Old 08-13-2008, 09:31 PM
Trailblazer

Bearings are cheap! Replace it even if you Think it maybe bad!
Just dont go OEM!
Take that bearing out, write down the number on its side and call around to some bearing shops... you will finnd them to be ALOT less then half price of OEM and still be the Identical bearing....

Replace every bearing you think maybe bad... just remember its new and Does have a break in period....
GL buddie.

Old 08-13-2008, 10:56 PM
Pro Rider

I buy all the bearings for my Foreman, and my Snow Mobile from local bearing shops and not the dealer. The bearings they sell are of equal or better quality and are much cheaper because of a signifantly less markup. I priced a front Hub bearing for my Foreman at the dealer at $63 plus seals. I bought that bearing, the inner and outer seal, and a left rear wheel bearing and outer seal for $42 taxes in at a bearing shop.