Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Honda Rancher 2007 will not shift

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2007, 07:18 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Honda Rancher 2007 will not shift

sounds about what was happening when I tried to manual shift it. It would move left to right, but the LED N light would just stay green. Water is an issue. I am thinking he needs a new board. When electrical gets wet, it normally shorts doesnt it???

Thanks Guys

Old 09-07-2007, 12:36 AM
Trailblazer

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: ridered28

I had the same problem with mine its at the dealer right now for the 2nd time what happens is water gets in there and doesnt let it shift right and it jams. Its not under warranty. Mine was so bad that the guy kept bugging honda to replace the whole system and he was gunna make it so water or anything cant get in there.</end quote></div>

Water INSIDE? Is your water pump leaking? Bad seal around the crankcase cover?

Water isn't supposed to be in there at all. Oil, yes, but water no. All your clutch bits sit in there with your shift linkage.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Maybe you mean the shift control motor itself? Still, that should have a good seal as well. No water or oil should be in there.

If that's where you mean, I guess I'll pull mine and slap on some new permatex to make sure there's no leaks.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 09-07-2007, 09:04 AM
Weekend Warrior

NO Velocibiker.....there was water in the glass of the display meter. It got the circuit board wet.

I didnt know what else to do, so I had my son to load up the atv and I brought it to the dealer to take a look at it. With it being an '07, he shouldnt be having such problems already.

I am not getting a headache over something that they can fix.

Thanks for you guys thoughts and I will repost when I find out what the problem was and what the fix was.

Old 09-07-2007, 10:51 AM
Trailblazer

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Rickatom

NO Velocibiker.....there was water in the glass of the display meter. It got the circuit board wet.

</end quote></div>

Oh. Gotcha. I'll take a look to see if I can take some preventive measures. Difinatley will make sure I don't point the hose around there when I wash it.