Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Rincon Overheating

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2006, 11:09 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rincon Overheating

Anyone know where I can get a new thermostat for an 03 Rincon w/o going to the dealer...?

Old 08-19-2006, 11:53 PM
Pro Rider

Are you sure its bad? Did you test it in some boiling water? I dont know where else you can get one. They are easy to overheat if you dont wash out the radiator really good. Also, get some Water Wetter to add to the coolant.

Old 08-20-2006, 01:52 PM
Weekend Warrior

I'll try that. Does anyone know if there was ever a recall on the 03 water pump...? I heard rumors of this a while back and don't know if there is any truth to it.

Old 08-28-2006, 06:58 PM
Weekend Warrior

^^^^^

Has anyone heard of this???

Old 08-28-2006, 10:46 PM
Pro Rider

Yes there was one. Sorry didn't see your message before. They changed the weep hose on the water pump. Look at yours. If the small black drain hose is straight, it is the old type. If it has a 90 degree turn, it is new.

Old 09-04-2006, 08:40 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have an 04 that keeps overheating and it's driving me nuts. I've even taken it to the dealer and they said that nothing was wrong, but there is. anyone know anything to try?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-04-2006, 09:02 PM
Pro Rider

Refer to my first post. Just because you dont see any dirt on the front of your radiator, that doesn't mean that its clean. Try to run the water from the back to the front. Try the Water Wetter. Is your fan working. There is a mod to move the oil cooler to leave a little gap between it and the radiator. Check with RinconRiders.com.

Old 09-14-2006, 12:10 AM
Weekend Warrior

there's nothing wrong with your thermostat! clean your radiator really good, and when you think your done, clean it again including the corners and from the back side. I have the same problem and had it back to the dealer several times which was a waste of time. The rincon is an awsome machine and I love mine but if you hammer down thru thick mud or travel at high speeds thru hay/ wheat feilds your done! The rincon needs every square inch of the radiator (and it will overheat just putting around). wash it out real good including the corners and youll be fine. If you like to play in the mud do it at the end of the day or carry a water bottle with you with a 1/16" hole drilled in the cap to squirt at the radiator out in the feild. takes forever to clean it that way, but it will get you back!

Old 08-13-2008, 02:02 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hello , I was wondering about the Water pump issue with the Rincon , I just bought one last weekend , My Brother in law has had one since 2003 , He has good luck with his , But I took the one I bought out Yesterday for a ride and noticed that it was Overheating , and Noticed that there was smell of antifreeze , and noticed it dripping I think out of the Side of the Water pump There is no black hose Like I see that was Mentioned ? Why would there be fluid coming out of that ? I put a Black hose on it . And it comes out to the Side not down . I would appreciate any info on it ? I did the Oil cooler mod to it last night after , To Seperate the two , With Rubber spacers and washed the radiators as bast as I could with the regular hose . Seemed to work well will know more when I take out for a while , I also took that fine screen out too