Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Need help with Rancher

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2005, 10:43 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with Rancher

congaradulations soldier you have aquirred one of the best atvs every designed. don't let go of it lol, just out a curiousity are you in Bahgdad? or how ever you spell it.

Old 11-18-2005, 11:59 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: DesertSoldier
So that needle type thing at the end of the choke cable is subbose to seal it off? If it's letting fuel pass I guess that would cause the problems I'm seeing now.
Yes, That cable must be seated to work normally. Pulling out on the choke button simply unseats it and allows fuel to pass straight into the carb, bypassing the jets. It has to seat all the way to turn this "excess fuel" off. I would seriously try the new cable first before tackling any other carb work, it might fix a lot of problems and all you have to do is adjust the idle speed screw when you're done.

Old 11-19-2005, 06:26 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: Prezzz
What are you going to go with it when you leave? Pass it on to another unit? How did the Air Force unit end up with it?

Or, are these questions no really asks over there?

Just curious.

I'm not too sure how the AF got a hold of it. A lot of units here use Polaris Rangers (6x6 mostly) for running round parts of the base. We have quite a few ourselfs. I've only seen a couple other 4 wheelers zipping around. The AF unit that left gave it to us because the unit replacing them has brand new Polaris'. When we leave (not too far away now!!!) we will hand it off to the unit that replaces us. I wish I could hide it in a conex and take it home with me though!

Rubiconrider101, for OPSEC reasons I wont say where I am, but I will say that no, I'm not in Baghdad.

Quicksilver, I will do just like you suggest.