Go Back   ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community » Brand Discussions Area » Honda
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to ATVConnection Forums!
Welcome to ATVConnection.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the ATVConnection Forums community today!

Reply Share this with your friends
Old 05-05-2004, 05:57 PM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!
Garage is empty, add now

Default 450R HILL CLIMBING

Has anyone climbed many tough hills on one yet, if so, how does it compare to something like a 400ex? Does the front end want to come back on you.

Same goes for a yfz to if anyone has experience on technical rails.

Thank you
-'09 Foreman 500
Old 05-05-2004, 06:14 PM
Trailblazer
Garage is empty, add now

I was following a more experienced rider last week and he got me into a mess. The only way out was a hill that was about 30 ft high, ramped at about a 70 degree grade and then 85-90 degrees straight up the last 5 feet. I just shot right out of it and survived!
Old 05-05-2004, 08:48 PM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Garage is empty, add now

The hills behind my house are on an earthquake fault line. Near vertical stuff, and desert hard pack as well. The 450 is by far the best hill climber I ever rode! The front end light thing is mostly urban myth! It's no different than riding the 400EX. Wheelies when you want, but not wheelie happy.

I put in an afternoon trail riding my friends YFZ, and was happy to get off that thing and back onto my Z400! Get the picture?
Old 05-05-2004, 10:24 PM
Pro Rider
Garage is empty, add now

Send a message via AIM to hondaracer305

I agree with reconranger, the whole "light" front end is BS. Yes you can get it to wheelie whenever you want, but you can also keep it on the ground when you want. I climbed really steep twisty hills on my 450r. It IS the best hillclimber ive ever ridden.
Old 05-06-2004, 12:00 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Do you have a balloon?
Garage is empty, add now

I made it up about a 300 ft hillclimb that a predapuss and z-400 didn't make. I only had about 3 hours on it, so I was just getting the hange of it. That quad rocks!
Old 05-06-2004, 10:35 AM
Pro Rider
Garage is empty, add now

This is what I do most and I find my new TRX to be awesome at the task. Out here the hills are loose at the bottom,then get rocky toward the top. The quad just rips up anything I point it at. I just get forward and let the tires spin and I'm gone. I'm very happy with this machine as a hill climber....
Old 05-06-2004, 10:37 AM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!
Garage is empty, add now

Thanx for the info guys, thats good to hear since me and my buds do a lot of hill climbing.
-'09 Foreman 500
Old 05-06-2004, 10:51 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!
Garage is empty, add now

Quote:
Originally posted by: joelrichard50
I made it up about a 300 ft hillclimb that a predapuss and z-400 didn't make. I only had about 3 hours on it, so I was just getting the hange of it. That quad rocks!
I saw him climbing stuff all day long,,,,,the 450r seems to love hills,,,,,,although,,,,I think Joelrichard50 could make any quad look like a good hillclimber[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-06-2004, 06:43 PM
Pro Rider
Garage is empty, add now

Cough Cough.......Predapuss?

Joel Joel Joel.......those weren't your words after you rode my Pred for a bit....If I remember right, you even had quite a smile on your face and thought it rev'd out quite well and liked the top end, although you thought your 440ex had more torque.........and you were looking at buying a predator (or so you said) before you bought that 450R kick starty thing. <grins

When are we going riding again? lemme know. I'll bring my puss, you bring your kick starting boots.

Old 05-06-2004, 06:56 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!
Garage is empty, add now

Quote:
Originally posted by: Heapster
Cough Cough.......Predapuss?

Joel Joel Joel.......those weren't your words after you rode my Pred for a bit....If I remember right, you even had quite a smile on your face and thought it rev'd out quite well and liked the top end, although you thought your 440ex had more torque.........and you were looking at buying a predator (or so you said) before you bought that 450R kick starty thing. <grins

When are we going riding again? lemme know. I'll bring my puss, you bring your kick starting boots.
can i go toooooo????
Old 05-06-2004, 06:56 PM
Reply Share this with your friends

Tags
450, 450r, atv, climb, climbed, climbin, climbing, forums, hill, hillclimbing, hills, honda, quads, steep, things, tx450r