Go Back   ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community » Brand Discussions Area » Honda
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to ATVConnection Forums!
Welcome to ATVConnection.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the ATVConnection Forums community today!

Reply Share this with your friends
Old 03-06-2004, 10:39 PM
Weekend Warrior
Garage is empty, add now

Default honda 1994 trx 200 type II

ok people i need some help here i have honda 1994 trx 200 type II and the chain is very loose do not have manual could some tell me if there is a way to adjust tension on chain or what do have to do
any help would be great
Old 03-06-2004, 10:49 PM
Pro Rider
Garage is empty, add now

Send a message via AIM to pimp250r

if it's like any other trx, on the back of the swingarm are 2 nuts you can loosen with an alan wrench, make both loose and start rotating your axle backwards until the chain gets a bit tighter, but you will need to leave some slack in there...after that just tighted em back down and you're set to go
Old 03-07-2004, 01:14 AM
The Facility
Garage is empty, add now

pimp,
You are thinking sportquads....LOL....I've made the same mistake telling this to someone before. After you've dealt with sportquads so long, it becomes habit.

edgethehunter,

Loosen the 4 17mm bolts holding the bearing carrier to the frame. Lift and support the quad so that the back tires are off the ground. There are two chain adjusters poking out the back with 12mm nuts on them. Run them up equally. If you do not, the chain will derail.

On this machine, around 3" of slack right behind the swingarm pivot bolt will be fine. It will seem loose, but when you set it back on the ground, it will tighten up a bit.

Set the machine bak on the ground and tighten the 4 carrier bolts and you are done.

Don't forget to lube the chain while you are there.
Old 03-07-2004, 11:27 AM
Weekend Warrior
Garage is empty, add now

Thanks guys i will try that today, I check the chain and it seemed very loose when i am riding you can here it claking so will tighten and see if that does it
Thanks Again
Old 03-07-2004, 12:42 PM
Pro Rider
Garage is empty, add now

Send a message via AIM to pimp250r

LOL

all I saw was trx chain and loose and I was like hey buddy here's your answer!

attention to detail pimp
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-07-2004, 01:21 PM
Weekend Warrior
Garage is empty, add now

It worked thank but one thing to add this is how much i do not know the two #12 nuts you adjust tension with do not forget there is bolts on the backside of them to or will break them well thanks again now i know just a little bit smarter or dumber who knows
Old 03-07-2004, 01:21 PM
Reply Share this with your friends

Tags
1994, 200, 94, adjustment, atv, chain, honda, ii, lift, loose, manual, quad, trx, type, user