General RUV / UTV Discussion Discussions about Gators, Mules, Rangers, Rhinos and other off-road recreational vehicles.

Want to buy a 800 mammoth

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 05:06 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Want to buy a 800 mammoth

Thanks to all of you for posting on the mammoth. I want to buy one and just trying to do my home work on these things.I have two Polaris 700 sportsmen that have been bullet proof and have heard all the story"s about the foreign atv's being so bad, but what I am hearing here is that these things may be a very good value and are built better then most of the things I have heard about.I would like to know who has the most miles on their's and what kind of use you have put it through.Mine would be going to Hawaii so fixing it will be up to me.Any feedback would be helpful. Thanks

Old 11-13-2007, 10:34 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Won't to buy a 800 mammoth

I hope you get some reply's, I have been looking closely at these units too. I have a polaris MV-7 and love it, but now I need something bigger and the idea of spending that much money again for a Polaris Ranger does not excite me very much. I am keeping the MV-7 for rugged use, but want something to run around the property with and still have 4-wheel drive. Have you seen one or test driven a Mammoth 800?

Old 11-13-2007, 10:48 AM
Weekend Warrior

No I have not seen one up close yet, just the pictures that you have seen I am sure.From what I here they are selling very fast and would think that more people would post something about them or some atv mag would do a test with one.I am with you about spending 10,000 to 12,000 again,I think I will take a chance on this thing and maybe I will be surprised.What part of the country do you live in?

Old 11-13-2007, 11:04 AM
Weekend Warrior

Near Lafayette Indiana. If I buy the mammoth, I like the fact that I can pick the unit up from the importers wharehouse in Chicago and save the shipping. I also like that fact that most of the parts are compatable with the Ranger.

Old 11-13-2007, 08:27 PM
Trailblazer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I asked about the same questions a few days ago and have not got any replies yet. I am up for saving the money, but then again the old saying is "you get what you pay for" I am scared that I will get a mammoth home and run for a little while and start having problems with it. Unlike the name brand machines the Mammoth does not have the dealers like the bigger manufactures do. I don't know how they would handle the warranty process. The price is great and the pictures of the mammoth look good, but I have not seen one in person. I would like to see the casting of the parts and the frame welds stuff like that before I buy one. I don't want to spend twice as much money on one of the name brand machines, but I will work whatever brand of machine that I get and I need to know that the Mammoth will hold up to some work.

Have yall looked at the Japanese mini trucks? You can get one for around $4000 or so on ebay. I know the mini truck will hold up but I am afraid it will be a little too big for the woods. But it does have an enclosed cab, with a HEATER.

Come on fells that own Mammoth's give us the good and bad on them. Thanks

Old 11-17-2007, 07:26 PM
Trailblazer

I got a little info from a member about the mammoth his father owns. he says that his father is pleased with his mammoth. It is about 5 hours driving time for me to look at one, at least that is the closet place I know of. Does anyone know of a dealer that is close to ElDorado, AR 71730?

Old 11-18-2007, 04:07 PM
Trailblazer

there is a video on youtube of a mammoth being ridden in the woods. looked to me like it was doing a pretty fair job of getting thru the woods. I think I have located a kazuma dealer in texas that is not a very far from where i live. It is hard to find a dealer of Kazuma products. There is alot of online people that sell kazuma products, but the warranty is not the same for each place trying to sell them. I would like to go to a dealer to look the mammoth over. I found some dealers in texas thru the kazuma pacific people. I think that kazuma pacific is the importer to the USA for kazuma products. can someone verify this?

Old 11-19-2007, 06:52 PM
Trailblazer

Talked to kazuma dealer in Atlanta,TX he has sold 2 mammoths last week. The dealer said they have one they rode before they bought a bunch to sell to other people. Said that they rode the mammoth very hard to see what would break. Right hand cv joint pulled out because the factory had left the clip off the end of the axle. Also said that the anifreeze is to thick and needs to be changed to a 50/50 mix. He said they now check every one they get in for the clip on the axle and change the antifreeze. He seems to be a good dealer. He said they have a 6 month warranty period on parts and labor on the mammoth. Said they should have some more after thanksgiving.

it still comes down to the million dollar question. Do I spend the money on a name brand machine or try out the mammoth? There is posts everywhere about the quality of china made atvs or lack of quality. Can some more of you owners of the mammoth chime in with your feedback on them.

Old 11-20-2007, 05:29 PM
Weekend Warrior

DON'T KNOW WHERE ELDORADO IS BUT THERE IS AN ATVDISCOUNTER HERE IN TX THEY ADVERTISE HAVING A DEALER IN FORT WORTH, WEATHERFORD AND FORT SMITH, ARKANSAS. THEY HAVE A WEBSITE TOO- WWW.ATVDISCOUNTER.COM THE FORT WORTH DEALER IS HUGE, HAS A VERY LARGE PARTS AND SERVICE DEPT. SINCE THE MAIN COMPLAINT IS PARTS SUPPLY, THAT IS THE FIRST THING THEY WILL SHOW YOU. THE DEALER HAS SEVERAL UTV ON DISPLAY HERE. I BOUGHT MY DAUGHTER A SUNL 110 AT ANOTHER DEALER AND THEY WERE MORE THAN HELPFUL WHEN I HAD PROBLEMS WITH IT. I HAVE ENTERTAINED THE IDEA OF A MAMMOTH, BUT I DON'T KNOW ANYONE THAT HAS BOUGHT ONE YET.

Old 11-20-2007, 05:58 PM
Pro Rider

from my experience from owning 8 chinese quads and buggies which 4 were kazumas i would NOT buy the kazuma mammoth or any chinese side x side, these things are truely junk, period. you'd be a lot better off buying a major brand new or used,

Quick Reply: Want to buy a 800 mammoth