General RUV / UTV Discussion Discussions about Gators, Mules, Rangers, Rhinos and other off-road recreational vehicles.

2008 KAWASAKI TERYX 750 4x4

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2007, 04:01 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 KAWASAKI TERYX 750 4x4

Anybody no much about them? Price? DragonFireRacing has some info on them! Top Speed?

Kawasaki Teryx 750

http://dragonfireracing.com/ca...wasaki_teryx_750.html

The 90-degree 749cc V-twin engine is the largest, most powerful engine in its class
Positioned mid-ship for optimum front/rear balance - good for power slides and cornering control
Straight intake tracts and 34mm downdraft carburetors enhance power delivery throughout the rpm range
Radiator is compact and placed high in the chassis for better protection against mud and debris
Ducts located by the cargo bed direct cooling air to the engine
Aluminum cylinders are Electrofusion-plated for light weight, long wear and excellent heat dispersion
Engine can be started in any gear when the rear brake is applied
Electronically controlled Kawasaki Engine Brake Control helps to slow the RSV when traversing steep down hills

CVT features high and low ranges, plus reverse
Combined with the engine power characteristics, provides instantaneous acceleration
Rider can select two- or four-wheel-drive operation by pressing a button located on the dash
Limited-slip front differential reduces steering effort under normal four-wheel drive operation, while Variable Front Differential Control permits rider to distribute torque equally to left and right front wheels for maximum traction via a hand lever
Rear wheels are locked and always turning together for cornering control

Large-diameter thin-walled tubular steel frame
Only RSV with integrated occupant protection
First with sport performance-focused suspension - low-speed comfort not a main design priority
Wide track provides excellent stability and chassis has 11.2 inches of ground clearance
Long dual front A-arm suspension and narrow frame concept provides 7.5 inches of travel and features adjustable gas-charged Kayaba shocks
Independent rear suspension provides the best balance of rider comfort and handling at high speeds, and adjustable gas-charged Kayaba shocks with reservoirs provides 7.25 inches of travel
Chassis offers the right balance of bump absorption while limiting understeer
Able to tackle corners in either a drift or grip style and operate beyond the limits of its rivals

Dual front 200mm disc brakes with two-piston 27mm calipers and Kawasaki's sealed, oil-bathed, multi-disc rear brake system provide maximum stopping power in all conditions
Front discs are recessed in wheels for protection from debris
Good rough terrain performance and obstacle clearance with 26-inch Maxxis tires specially built for the Teryx 750 4x4
Tread design enables both controlled sliding and forward traction
Bucket seats with retractable three-point seat belts
Foot guards designed into the floor and body
Padded steering wheel positioned low for better control
Body work is made of high-gloss scratch resistant Thermo-Plastic Olefin
Steel floor boards and engine guards for maximum protection
Dual 40W headlights and dual taillights
Cargo bed has 500 lb capacity, tie down hooks in all four corners and cargo net standard

Digital Meter
Dual retractable cup holders
Hard top
Half-Windshield
Tilting cargo bed with gas assist

Old 06-18-2007, 04:11 PM
Trailblazer

The specs look pretty darned good, EXCEPTING carburetors! However, the present injection systems also leave something to be desired. The biggest plus is cold weather starting. Does Kawasaki have a constantly tensioned CVT belt as Yamaha, or does it double as a clutch (as in a Polaris)?

Old 06-19-2007, 02:39 PM
Range Rover

I will guess about 60-65 mph?

Old 06-24-2007, 10:33 PM
Pro Rider

This sounds like it has the same CVT transmission as the Kawasaki utility ATVs have, which is more like the Polaris transmission than the Yamaha transmission. It has electronic engine braking, and the belt is not under continuous tension.

Old 06-25-2007, 01:25 PM
Pro Rider

"...Able to tackle corners in either a drift or grip style and operate beyond the limits of its rival....Positioned mid-ship for optimum front/rear balance - good for power slides and cornering control...."

It's interesting to me that any corporate entity would let this kind of promotional wording fly when we certainly haven't seen anything approaching these kind of handling descriptions to date.

"So what 'style' were you into before you were 'beyond the limits' of your buddy's machine and rolled that thing....'drift' or 'power grip'???" [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-29-2007, 03:41 PM
Pro Rider

Its the high side barrel roll that happens when the drift style changes to the grip style that gets exciting. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

That description sound like the same text used to describe something in my kids Forza II video game. I wonder if they have the same writer?

Old 08-29-2007, 09:21 AM
Trailblazer

Anyone know the release date of this SxS? I think I read December 07 somewhere.

Old 08-30-2007, 09:58 AM
Trailblazer

I called my Kawasaki Dealer yesterday and asked if there had been any information leaked on the release date of the Teryx. He didn't know and said his Kawasaki Rep didn't know either.

Looks like it's no time soon.... Bummer. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I'm in the market now but don't want to wait without some kind of date....

Old 09-03-2007, 02:21 PM
Trailblazer

It is very disappointing Kawasaki would "leak" information on such a machine, and yet even the dealers have a clue as to an availability date. It must be a marketing tactic to hold potential buyers at bay when the RZR is on the street, and Honda is fairly sure to announce a SxS this week. However, whatever Honda comes out with will also probably not be to the customers before December. If Kawi is smart, they will add EFI before the release date.

Old 09-14-2007, 03:44 PM
Pro Rider

Stopped by a dealer yesterday and according to him, "after the first of the year".

Quick Reply: 2008 KAWASAKI TERYX 750 4x4