General RUV / UTV Discussion Discussions about Gators, Mules, Rangers, Rhinos and other off-road recreational vehicles.

rhino 700 for 2008, yes or no ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2006, 04:37 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rhino 700 for 2008, yes or no ?

Originally posted by: nuke
Tripleshot,

You have touched a couple of nerves! First off, Americans are lawsuit happy. The nature of operating these machines carries a risk factor, as virtually everthing in life does. If one does something dumb, rides beyond the design capability of the machine, there are consequences to pay. Live with it, and stop going after the manufacturer!

Secondly, the danged special-interest groups need to get a life! The motocyclists resisted ATV's, and the skiers fought against snowboarders. However, I am 65 (gotcha beat here!) and for health reasons need to sit in a seat. Also, the wife is not comfortable operating an ATV, but wishes to come along. So, a side-by-side is the only answer. Live, and let live!

Gonna wait for Sept 2007. If no Honda machine by them, hopefully Yamaha will EFI the Rhino.

Sorry to hit a nerve, but facts are facts. Yamaha built the rhino with a small but signifiacant flaw in the front passenger area. There ia not enough restraint for legs( or better put, something to keep the feet in when tipping). Tweo of my boys ridding a Rhino tipped it over on one side. My son,passenger, had his leg crushed because his leg got caught under the weight of the machine. It completely shattered the fibula nd broke the tibia in two places. He has metal plates holding his leg together and screws holding the plates to the bone that was left. Now, I agrre about frivilous law suits, but this isn't frivilous. This is a hazard and yamaha has recognized it in and is fixing it in newer models. NO, we are not suinig anyone, so don't shoot the messnger. But I can tell you fisrt hand about the pain and suffering this has caused my son and the rest of the family that cares about him. He was laid up 9 months trying to heal. He just got back to work as heavy equip operator, but his leg gives him grief every single day.

We all ride at risk. We all get injured,usually from our own fault. But this hazard has cuplability on the manufacturer. A better design could andshould have been made.

That given, I am still buying a Rhino, I fully support Yamaha and I think its the best damn product out there for people like you and me for taking our wives on rides. I wish everyonew had one. ANd are they fast? The can be made that way. I've seen them. You will see more in races in the future. This is an enthusists machine, fully customizable.

Old 11-02-2006, 11:26 AM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by: Tripleshot
We all ride at risk. We all get injured,usually from our own fault. But this hazard has cuplability on the manufacturer. A better design could andshould have been made.
How about you go buy a damn Yerf Dog, maybe that would be safe enough for ya![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img] This sport doesn't need people whining and moaning at the manufacturer's, all your going to do is help sue happy lawyers out. Please Stay our of MY sport if you are going to complain about it!!!

Old 11-24-2006, 11:45 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The day before Thanksgiving, I stopped in and talked to a friend who works at the Yamaha dealer. He told me in 2008 the rhino will have the 700efi motor in some of the special models like the touring editions etc. But, the basic rhino will be the 660.

Old 12-18-2006, 07:07 PM
Range Rover

This is a lawsuit filled against Yamaha, because of Rhino rollover. It is crazy how this
country is lawsuit happy. Did anybody even take any responsibility for their own action
anymore ?
Yamaha Lawsuit
rnuts

Old 12-21-2006, 04:13 PM
Trailblazer

im going to sue ruger because i shot my foot.

think ill win?

sueing is for molly bit@^es

Old 12-21-2006, 04:16 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: raptornuts
This is a lawsuit filled against Yamaha, because of Rhino rollover. It is crazy how this
country is lawsuit happy. Did anybody even take any responsibility for their own action
anymore ?
Yamaha Lawsuit
rnuts
i am so mad at this guy.

Old 12-21-2006, 08:03 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: MULEDESTROYER
im going to sue ruger because i shot my foot.

think ill win?

sueing is for molly bit@^es

I think you can, if you can prove that your own gun should know that he is
pointing on owner foot and not to fire. IMHO LOL LOL
rnuts

Old 01-29-2007, 09:58 PM
Weekend Warrior

I look at all of these lawsuits on Rhino rollovers then look at my WR450 bike and wonder why they don't have the same problems with dirt bikes? Just about anyone that has owned one has been hurt.

Local lawyers love to take their cases to St. Louis because to city people hate the corporations and they will win. Then they bitch about high doctor and insurance costs. Half of what you pay is for insurance. They just pass the cost to us. In cape Girardeau County you had better have a strong suit to win. We hate seeing people get rich because of their own stupidity.

The problem is companies will settle when they should have fought all claims. That is what medical liability insurance companies have started doing now. Most lawyers will not take the case if they have to go to court.

Old 06-12-2007, 02:14 PM
Weekend Warrior

It's would be awesome to see a 700 and power steering in a Rhino, but Yamaha released their 2008 models and nothing will change for the Rhino.

Old 09-04-2007, 02:10 PM
Trailblazer

Offroader,

Where did you get your 2008 Rhino info? My dealer is telling me something entirely different.

Quick Reply: rhino 700 for 2008, yes or no ?