General RUV / UTV Discussion Discussions about Gators, Mules, Rangers, Rhinos and other off-road recreational vehicles.

twister hammerhead 150cc go off road go kart

Old 12-18-2004, 05:20 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default twister hammerhead 150cc go off road go kart

Kell, I'm really struggling over the black. I was certain the red was what I wanted, but that black looks so good it almost looks a little evil. Like Stu said, and you too, maybe I should save up and get the black one as well. No sweat on the decal ... really. I love the way you guys critique these things. No matter which one, no matter when, a better one will always follow. Anybody can order 20 of these things and be in business. Weeding out the pretenders, both equipment and people, is not going to be easy.

New concerns. I was devistated to find out that they've designated all Texas beaches as state roads/highways. So though you can drive cars on many of the gulf coast beaches, ATVs are prohibited. And even if there is some way to register, inspect and license, my girls wouldn't be able to drive them there because they do not have a license. That is so crazy. An 18 wheeler can pound up and down the beach, but a 400 pound sand kart/ATV cannot. Much of the Texas Gulf Coast is undeveloped, and I'm almost certain it's near 500 miles in length. Prohibiting ATVs is very unfair. During the winter, in some areas you can stand on the beach and see not one person or vehicle as far as the eye can see either way. And that may be over a period of a couple hours. We share a little beach house with some other families at Crystal Beach on Bolivar. That stretch of beach is almost 100% driveable. Not being able to drive the Blade in and around the beach house is just wrong.

Next, we use to ride our dirt bikes at a pipline through some National Forest. Stubblefield Lake is the name of the area. I read that ATVs can ride there, but then saw that they have a 48" width limitation. YIKES, that rules out Stubblefield! I've read so much about limited areas to ride, but the two I was really counting on, the beach and Stubblefield, are out. Pretty brutal.

What do you guys know about licensing? What are these vehicles considered? ATV, Dune Buggy??? Texas also requires State inspections. If I could somehow complete registration, inspection and licensing, at least a licensed driver could do the beach.

Another question about the Kart itself ... They call these transmissions AUTOMATIC, but do they really just have one speed/gear, or do they actually shift automatically??

I love that tent idea. My girls are 10-11 and they still tear up the house with chairs and blankets to make private little indoor tents. I'll run that one by the wife. OH, my wife had an idea last night. She said we could wrap up a photo of a family all on bikes, then tell them that we bought all new matching bikes for the entire family so that we can go bike riding together. We'd then round them up and walk to the garage to see the "bikes." My oldest would be gagging/rolling her eyes and letting out a painful sigh all at once at the thought of riding bikes up and down the street with her parents. Not to insult anyone, but my girls would find it quite geekish to be bike riding with Mom and Dad ... and on matching bikes!! You know, what if a friend or a boy saw them! Now in the kart, they'd want everyone on earth to see them riding with Mom and Dad.

I told my girls that my New Year's Resolution is to spend more time with them. So the bike riding thing will make sense, at least until we drop the Blade bomb.

Joe

Old 12-18-2004, 05:45 PM
Trailblazer

joe

as far as the blade bomb, hang the keys on the christmas tree, in a fairly visible place. even though my kids are grown, i still like to play Santa. maybe you could suggest that old st nick left something on the tree for them. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] but keep the blade hidden till then, or tell them the "299" kart came with keys... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
just a thought. we got to swap stories about our mischeivious youth, sometime. sorry to hear about
your mom.

Old 12-18-2004, 08:14 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: JosephV
Kell, I'm really struggling over the black. I was certain the red was what I wanted, but that black looks so good it almost looks a little evil.

Another question about the Kart itself ... They call these transmissions AUTOMATIC, but do they really just have one speed/gear, or do they actually shift automatically??

I'd go with the red one for two reasons:

1) It'll look better than the black one when it's dirty.

2) The red is more visible. Which means you'll be less likely to get run into by other off-roaders(I've seen it happen).

These karts have a constant-velocity transmission. Which means they have two pullies that change diameters to give them multiple gears.

Old 12-18-2004, 09:09 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: RAPTORAZ
Originally posted by: JosephV
Kell, I'm really struggling over the black. I was certain the red was what I wanted, but that black looks so good it almost looks a little evil.

I'd go with the red one for two reasons:

1) It'll look better than the black one when it's dirty.

2) The red is more visible. Which means you'll be less likely to get run into by other off-roaders(I've seen it happen).

These karts have a constant-velocity transmission. Which means they have two pullies that change diameters to give them multiple gears.

Is there any way someone could find me a link which goes into detail on this type of transmission?? Diagrams would be super. What about maintenance and reliability?

Also, I was really on the fence about the color. I needed someone to push me one way or another. I'll stay with the red. Stu mentioned weeks ago that the black would not be available until January, so for all I know I really don't have a choice right now anyway.

Joe

Old 12-19-2004, 02:26 PM
Pro Rider

Here is something interesting that some of you guys may be interested in...

A new company that states it helps people import small quantities of overseas products:

http://www.greaterinnovation.com/

Looks like they have access to a wide supply of power products... including some of what we have talked about here.

States they operate on a fixed 15% margin.... true or not... may be worth looking at. I think they are just starting up.

Says you can track your product along it's way including on the ship carrying it overseas.

They also help with warranty issues, etc.

Old 12-19-2004, 10:39 PM
Pro Rider

http://www.kpii.com.tw/dunebuggy_timberwolf110150.htm Check that out guys. Looks pretty cool.

Offered by that greaterinovation company in USA.

Has an e-bay auction for the 250 model at what looks to be a pretty good price.

Anyone hear of these??

Old 12-20-2004, 01:28 PM
Range Rover

Looks to be the Kasea Explorer, kinda like they market the buggies like we have in different flavors.

7.5" of travel would be great, 605lbs would not though. From everything I have seen they have the same 250 engine as the peirspeeds.

I am going to try my hand at porting over Christmas vacation, even if it only gives me a little more power I think it will be worth it. I am going to order head gaskets from Gander mountain unless anyone else has a better place to order them (like somewhere that stocks them).

Ive noticed a bunch more people locally that are selling the chinese quads, I stopped to ask if they stock or plan to stock parts and the answer is no. Most of their quads are the same engine as mine. Saw a twin cylinder 250 that was chrome, kinda bizarre. Anyway, looks like they don't plan to back their products if they don't even plan on stocking any parts.

Old 12-20-2004, 03:01 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Kell
Looks to be the Kasea Explorer, kinda like they market the buggies like we have in different flavors.

7.5" of travel would be great, 605lbs would not though. From everything I have seen they have the same 250 engine as the peirspeeds.

I am going to try my hand at porting over Christmas vacation, even if it only gives me a little more power I think it will be worth it. I am going to order head gaskets from Gander mountain unless anyone else has a better place to order them (like somewhere that stocks them).

Ive noticed a bunch more people locally that are selling the chinese quads, I stopped to ask if they stock or plan to stock parts and the answer is no. Most of their quads are the same engine as mine. Saw a twin cylinder 250 that was chrome, kinda bizarre. Anyway, looks like they don't plan to back their products if they don't even plan on stocking any parts.

Look again, the frame is totally different. The Kasea Explorer is 605 lbs... this one is only 480 lbs. Some of the heavier versions of our Chinese 150 two seater carts are the same weight (or about 20lbs less... ) Pretty good weight. Distributor says this is designed by a retired honda engineer that was involved with the original Honda Pilot project years ago. This one might be a good one. Something to keep an eye on I think. There is a 150 version too that is about 440 lbs.

Greaterinnovation says they are planning to stock parts... but that is to be seen, of course, since they are new.

Old 12-20-2004, 03:32 PM
Range Rover

Yep, according to the link to the manufacturers website, they are a full 12.2" shorter in wheelbase.

where is the link to their ebay listing? the website only says 150cc

Old 12-20-2004, 03:48 PM
Pro Rider

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...MakeTrack=true

Who says 3 carts are too many!! heh...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: twister hammerhead 150cc go off road go kart