General RUV / UTV Discussion Discussions about Gators, Mules, Rangers, Rhinos and other off-road recreational vehicles.

twister hammerhead 150cc go off road go kart

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2004, 01:13 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default twister hammerhead 150cc go off road go kart

Joseph, again, sorry for even bringing up the decal issue.

the blade pictures look great, red is my absolute favorite color but that black with red seats is maybe even better. The twister red is a dark metallic that I am not too crazy about. Yes, Dazon and the blade have the same side by side chain system as far as I can tell.

As far as your question about accelleration, its not bad for a 150cc cvt. The pipe definetly improved this, I have no issues about that.

When I got my cart and rode it on an actual trail the first time I was not too impressed (even ready to sell it) I just wasn't used to the poor hill climbing compared to an atv and I jumped it alot which can be painful because you don't have your legs to absorb the landing. Since I already had my pipe ordered, I went ahead and put it on and took my son out for some trail riding. Thats when it got to be fun. Me and my boy and my brother and his daughter.

Now riding is a fun challenge, the tighter the woods and trails the better. Speed is relative, and you are practically sitting on the ground so it seems like you are flying. I still jump it, but not that crazy stuff I used to. I even sold my honda 4-wheeler and its everything I can do not to go out and buy another buggy. I don't even know where I would put it! Let me tell you, riding in a group is much more fun so if you have to buy another to ride in a group I would start saving now!

Old 12-18-2004, 01:24 PM
Range Rover

The tube off the head gets alot of people, it just vents, don't know why they put a clip on the end? mine is the same way

There should be a tube coming from the side of the carb that goes to the T joint that connects to the fuel valve and intake

Is this the one? I think it only allows the fuel to flow when engine is running

Old 12-18-2004, 02:38 PM
Weekend Warrior

I will get pics up on my web site for you. I am not sure how to post pics here or the rules. The 2005 has 22 inch rear tires and they are quite huge. Since I am unfamiliar with prior years, this is the only true difference I know of right now.

I was told the chain and sprocket are heftier. The chain is thicker and stronger than that on my Ninja so I assume it won't fail.

Now for the tube. Thanks for the infor on the head cover. Maybe the extra tube is just to extend it to wherever you want. As it sits, it is on the casing which could heat up. The tube connecting to the side of the carb and the T-connector are all in place. You ar right the engine suction from the butterfly intake allows extra fuel to be pulled into the carb.

Like I said, I'll try to get pictures by days end. BTW, the only main flaw I see is the shock absorbers. If I had my bike shocks on then the thing would never bottom out. Does anyone know of some good stiff quad shocks or something that will fit this thing?

Thanks

Heath

Old 12-18-2004, 02:39 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Kell... I have 2 carts, and I was thinking of getting a 3rd!! ... It never ends. Thinking of selling my Katana and Ninja as I never ride them anymore. I really like the looks of the Blades.

Joe... I think that's great you want to surprise the kids... If you have a big tent stick it in that in the garage and drive the cart inside... tell them they are going garage camping. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] They will be shocked when they go inside. I've found that our girls like the carts as much as our boys. They really have a blast. Wish I had something like these around when I was younger!

-Steve

Old 12-18-2004, 03:19 PM
Pro Rider

Like I said, I'll try to get pictures by days end. BTW, the only main flaw I see is the shock absorbers. If I had my bike shocks on then the thing would never bottom out. Does anyone know of some good stiff quad shocks or something that will fit this thing?

Thanks

Heath

One thing though, my XTV has much stiffer shocks and it's hard on the body (my body). IMHO I much prefer the ride quality of the Xterro...

The 2004 units have the 22 inch rears as well. I know the website says otherwise, but several things are incorrect on there... apparantly they are slow on
updating things.

If torque is increased on the 2005 there must be more differences. Did you ever ride a 2004 for comparison? When we see the pics we'll know more for sure. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Be sure to get a good shot of your reverse box. At some point we should get you to read any tags or markings on the coil and CDI unit as well inside the electric box.

Raptoraz- Did KPX ever get back to you on the 2005 update question???

-Steve

Old 12-18-2004, 04:04 PM
Pro Rider

[quote]
Originally posted by: hopsterguy
[i]

Kind of. They told me that their manufacturer has told them that they now how more power. But they(KPX) doesn't know how that was accomplished.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

On a side note. It looks like I'm no longer gonna do the Yerf-Dog head swap on my blue Xterro. I'm gonna do an R6 conversion instead.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 12-18-2004, 04:34 PM
Pro Rider

[quote]
Originally posted by: RAPTORAZ
Originally posted by: hopsterguy
[i]

Kind of. They told me that their manufacturer has told them that they now how more power. But they(KPX) doesn't know how that was accomplished.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

On a side note. It looks like I'm no longer gonna do the Yerf-Dog head swap on my blue Xterro. I'm gonna do an R6 conversion instead.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Whoaaaah..... Holy C*%p. That is going to be awesome.... please don't hurt yourself on that thing! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 12-18-2004, 04:45 PM
Pro Rider

Heathcrom-

Here's an idea. I would be incredibly helpful if we can get you to make scans of some of your part number diagrams that include engine and electrical specifics for your 2005 cart. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Specifically, Stator, reverse box, CDI unit, Coil unit, Valves, head unit, carburetor etc. Then those of us with 2004 kpx carts can look item by item on our manuals and distinguish finally what was actually changed between the two years and order parts accordingly . I'm highly interested in getting the new cdi... and want to find out if the stator was changed too. But, it keeps nagging me that there may be some internal engine changes too.

Man, if someone at KPX would get their butts in gear they would compare the two manuals and let us know the changes themselves... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

On a side note... I'm really impressed with the level of service Stu has thus far offered concerning the blades... he really seems willing to research and help where he can.

Old 12-18-2004, 05:00 PM
Range Rover

Also looks like the Blade has real atv size front wheels

R6? are you going to put wheelie bars on it?

Old 12-18-2004, 05:18 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Kell

R6? are you going to put wheelie bars on it?

Nope. Wheelie's are the desired effect.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: twister hammerhead 150cc go off road go kart