General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

ATV Insurance | What Questions should I ask?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2014, 07:14 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ATV Insurance | What Questions should I ask?

I'm going to write an article about ATV insurance after interviewing a State Farm insurance rep for my local ATV club. I'm hoping you guys can help me drum up additional questions to ask him. Here's what I have so far...
- What are the different types of coverage?
o Liability
o Comprehensive
o Collision
o Etc.
- What coverage do you need for the following;
o Theft
o Vandalism
o Fire
o Injury
o I roll it over?
o It falls off the trailer
o Someone rams into my quad while it’s on the trailer, and doesn’t have insurance.
o
- Does the insurance policy travel with the ATV? If I take a trip to Utah or Idaho, am I covered if I wreck my ATV?
- If my ATV gets stolen while at my home, does ATV or Homeowners insurance cover the loss?
- Does ATV insurance differ from state to state meaning is this information applicable only to Washington State residents?
-
- Scenario
o if you are out riding and you go over a hill and there is a family on the other side you didn't see, if you hit one of them and break their leg, are you covered?

Any more questions come to mind? Thanks!

Old 04-23-2014, 06:58 AM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

every state is different but- progressive atv ins covers every aspect you listed above for about $200 yr with a modest deductible.
it's a quick 5 minute conversation with an insurance rep over the phone.

Old 04-23-2014, 10:30 AM
Range Rover

Thanks. I checked with Geico, Progressive, and State Farm. Here in Washington State for me, State Farm was the lowest cost.

Old 04-23-2014, 06:42 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My Progressive policy cost me exactly $88 for the whole year. When I found out how cheap it was I didn't check anywhere else, except Geico which didn't insure ATVs at the time. I've had 4 different claims and it's still that cheap.

Old 04-24-2014, 08:08 PM
Range Rover

Thanks Frank. Here's the quote I received from State Farm. Annually premium with EXCELLENT coverage is $ 210 a year. This is full coverage with all options.
Liability 250/500/100 (You hit someone and cause injury or damage to someone else)
Medical $5000 (if you get injured and get hit or hit someone)
Property Damage (ability to fix your rig should the accident be your fault)
Uninsured/underinsured (should you get hit and the other party doesn’t have insurance)

Old 04-25-2014, 04:49 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It looks like I don't have medical. I have everything else and $3,000 of accessory coverage for free along with it. I need to talk to my agent and see what he recommends for medical. I've been thinking about changing my comprehensive deductible from $100 to $500 to save a few bucks too.