General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

HELP, think of any atvs that have locking feature on right brake lever

Old 03-07-2010, 02:19 AM
KPC
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP, think of any atvs that have locking feature on right brake lever

I need a hydraulic right brake lever master cylider that has the locking feature for keeping the atv from rolling when parked.

This is for a completely custom application and I've scoured the net & eBay trying to find one.

Every 4x4 atv locking brake lever that I can find is for the left side of the handlebar. I need a hydraulic master cylinder lever that locks for the right side.

I don't care if it is a chinese brand or us/japan. I have found this, which is absolutely perfect for what I need, except that the lever doesn't have the locking feature.

Front Hydraulic Brake Assembly for Peace Choppers : eBay Motors (item 390052743388 end time Mar-13-10 12:48:12 PST)

The same seller even sells a add-on locking tab, but it is only for 'left' side levers

ATV Left Hydraulic Brake Lock : eBay Motors (item 150387871562 end time Mar-10-10 11:04:33 PST)

Does anyone know if a sport quad ever came with a hydraulic locking right master cylinder lever?

Because most sport quads would have a clutch on the left, so if the manufacturer would put a 'lock' on the brake, it would have to be on the right side.

Thanks.

Old 03-10-2010, 05:01 PM
Range Rover

I have never seen a brake lock on the right side, maybe your going to have to modify your bar to go to the current popular left side all it is is just a matter of shuffling around your brakes on the handle bar.. I know Suzuki is not a hydraulic brake lock but the cable lock.

Good luck

Old 03-10-2010, 07:40 PM
Trailblazer

Buddy had a 99 blaster w/ right side lock but thats mechanical (cable) brakes. How handy are you? Maybe you can fab something up