Exotic and Modified Quads Share photos of radical and modified ATVs

cbr motor in odyssey.... first ride

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2010, 07:05 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cbr motor in odyssey.... first ride

yep, i posted a link to the first ride vid in the video section, but i thought id share both the first ride and the walkaround here.

engine: 2008 cbr600rr dual stage FI
transmission: 6 speed full manual
gearbox: fl350 10:1 reduction with forward and reverse selector
drive: 525 chain to custom sprocket on input shaft of gearbox
controls: custom fabricated heel toe shifter + linkage , brake pedal operating master cylinder (actually its a toyota clutch master)
original forward/reverse lever on right side, cable clutch operated with left hand, and original right thumb throttle from odyssey.
frame: fl350 odyssey stretched 12 inches

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtSSTgbVnus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKNjR0hjBWA

so, i thought you folks here could help me make this thing better.....

the final drive ratio is very low, due to the huge reduction in the odyssey gearbox. i considered using a jackshaft and using sprockets and a second chain to gear it up, but it will add considerable complexity to the driveline (and points of possible failure). also, ive heard that the odyssey gearboxes are not built that stong, and this engine could damage it...

the brakes are inadequate.... i think this is probably related to the extra weight of the frame stretch and bigger engine...may be unfixable....

exhaust headers are routed under the engine... works for desert riding and field riding, but would be pretty exposed in rough woods riding. i considered bending each of the header pipes to make it a side outlet, but im sure it would alter exhaust flow and might cause running problems.

speedometer is off by a significant margin, probably out of the range of what could be fixed with a speedohealer.... probably could be fixed by some combination of resistors...

please, post questions/comments