Drivetrain, Suspension & Tires Discussions on ATV drivetrain, suspension, and tires.

Spartacus Tires

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2009, 11:52 PM
Chasing trails, Dodging dust devils.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Spartacus Tires

Well I finally got to try out my new tires. I rode a total of about 40 miles today and as stated in a previous post I was able to try them out in hard packed, sandy, gravely, and muddy conditions. Keeping in mind my previous tires were the stock 22" tires. These were a monster of an improvement. In all riding conditions the tires performed perfectly...one thing that impressed me was their mud capabalities. I don't think these tires are for the serious mudder, however for the average trail rider that likes to hit a mud hole every now and then or have an occasional encounter along the trail these tires are sweet. They are 25" 8 ply raidial tires with a weight of less than 20 lbs. All in all the best thing I can say is that I Love Them!!!!

NewTries004.jpg?t=1245559695
NewTries006.jpg?t=1245559724
ride045.jpg?t=1245559786
ride046.jpg?t=1245559814
P.S. I like to add... Today was the first time I have ever gotten to play in the mud and NOT been stuck!!! Srry for writting a book.

Old 06-22-2009, 08:34 PM

No comments? or Q's ?

Old 06-22-2009, 09:39 PM
Pro Rider

You found mud! LOL! Sometimes it's fun to get stuck, but not when you don't want to or aren't doing something stupid, like I usually do! LOL!

Old 06-24-2009, 12:26 AM

I normally try to stay out of the mud. Riding by yourself tends to make a person cautious. I've spent too many hours getting unstuck, however I had to try the tires out. I couldn't resist. P.S. It took me almost 2 hours to wash all that clay off.

Old 06-25-2009, 01:51 AM

Looks like I owe an appology. I stated that these tires weighed less than 20 lbs....that is incorrect. The front tires 25x8x12 weigh 20.5 lbs each and the rear tires 25x10x12 weigh 24.2 lbs each. Sorry for the incorect info.

Old 06-25-2009, 10:09 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

8 plys and radials, thats about as tough as it gets I would think. Never heard of 8pys before.

Old 10-05-2009, 03:32 AM

Just an update for anyone interested. I was able to put another 50 miles on the tires this past weekend.. and I am still impressed with the their performance. I was able to find a nice steep rocky trail to climb and the tires gripped the rocks nicely, the bike felt very stable going up... then back down. Also they are holding their own against the trail debris I have run over so far, I pulled a large piece of fencing wire out of the tread ....no flat!! At the end of this ride I now have a little over 160 miles on the tires with very little noticeable wear.

Trending Topics

Old 10-08-2009, 12:38 AM
Trailblazer

HawkeyeRider, how has it affected the power/performance of the Hawkeye, being a larger tire than stock?

Old 10-08-2009, 06:21 AM

Getting up to top speed is slower, mid range throttle response is slower, and it gears down allot faster climbing hills however once it hits the bottom end the bike pulls with no problem. Its been nice to actually climb some of the hills with loose material, my stock tires wouldn't grip enough to get up a sandy hill once I lost momentum. And at 6' 235 lbs. I'm a little on the heavy side for this bike too so that doesn't help but all in all I'm very happy with the tires and I'm not sorry I went with the size increase. The slight loss in power has been a good trade off for traction and ground clearance. Not to mention the smoother ride!!!

Old 10-08-2009, 10:02 PM
Trailblazer

Considering the slight loss in the mid-range, do you think the clutch mod that has been discussed on this forum (removing two of the clutch weights or replacing all of them with lighter than stock weights) would make up for some or all of the loss? This mod is stated to greatly increase acceleration up to top speed. It has even been stated as giving the atv enough umph from the get go to pull the front wheels. Rickeyparker had some great comments about it way back when they first came out. I really like the tires and just about sold on getting the exact ones you got...therefore, I was just thinking ahead in case I am not pleased with its performance.

Quick Reply: Spartacus Tires