Drivetrain, Suspension & Tires Discussions on ATV drivetrain, suspension, and tires.

Auto clutch conversions: Revloc vs Rekluse vs others?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2005, 07:47 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Auto clutch conversions: Revloc vs Rekluse vs others?

Hey all,
I'm pretty well convinced that by next spring I want to have a second four wheeler and I'd like a sport quad again to get the best of both worlds. Thing is, I'm not a fan of manual clutches at all. I've seen that the two companies I mentioned above make conversion kits for certain ATV's and I've found threads about them on this site (which prompted me to join) so I figured I'd ask if anyone has actually used one of these? How well do they hold up? Was it a pain in the but to install? Are there any other companies that offer kits like this?

Thanks.

Old 08-15-2005, 10:54 PM
Pro Rider

The REKLUSE is a breeze to install.We did it on a TRX 450 without any issues.It works great...

Old 08-16-2005, 01:30 AM
Quad Patrol

LarryHagmansLiver Welcome to the forum[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

"PM" "raptorchick" she uses a reckluse on her racing quad[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I am sure she would answer any questions you might have[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

If you are unsure on how to "PM" or private message someone[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] When you see that person post, look at the upper right side, there is a row of icons. The "padlock " looking one is the one to click on to PM someone. Another way to do it, is to look at heir photo page (click on camera beneath their name) If they set their account up for receiving PM's, it will say it towards the top of their photo page. raptorchicks photo page/private messaging

Old 08-16-2005, 08:12 AM
Trailblazer

Thanks. I just sent her a message. Hopefully she has time to reply.

I'm considering a Z400 but I'd really like a Raptor 350. Unfortuneately, neither of the two companies I mentioned make a kit for that (or the Warrior). I wonder if there is some way to shoehorn in the auto clutch setup from a Wolverine on these quads?

Old 08-16-2005, 10:18 AM
Trailblazer

LarryHagmansliver, (interesting name )

I am setting up a Z400 clone (Arctic Cat DVX400) for Colorado trail riding, and am planning on putting in the Rekluse clutch. I have a Raptor set up for trails (22 inch tires, geared down, low end pipe, rear rack, etc.) and it has worked great for years. I have researched the Rekluse on the web, and and have not found any negative reviews, every one that has put one in loves it. The Rekluse is available for $399 at www.rockymountainatv.com , the Revloc is about $1300. I agree that an automatic clutch would make the technical trails much easier, and also let others ride it that can't handle the power or the clutch.

Good luck,
Lorrin

Old 08-16-2005, 02:27 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks for the info..

So you had this set up on a Raptor? I couldnt find a listing for a Raptor, only a YFZ450. Was it another brand, or did Rekluse discontinue that one?

Old 08-16-2005, 08:34 PM
Trailblazer

No, I had every thin except the automatic clutch on my Raptor. I loved just about every thing about the Raptor except the clutch in the technical stuff. The clutch also made it a lot harder for some people to ride (partly because it's geared way too high). I was thinking of buying an automatic quad instead, but then came across a great deal on a DVX400 (Arctic Cat's version of the LTZ400), and saw that you can get the Rekluse clutch for it. The Raptor would scrape the skid plate under the sprocket on just about everything (even just the hump in the middle of a forest road) when it was stock, hence the reason for going to 22 inch tires. This made a HUGE difference in the ground clearance, but makes the gearing to high unless you go down one or two teeth on the front sprocket.

Thanks,
Lorrin

Old 08-17-2005, 07:30 AM
Trailblazer

Thats too bad about the Raptor not having one, but the wierd thing is I did a search online and there is some store in England claiming that they have one for the Raptor 660. Theres even a part number: RMS175. Wonder why it's not on Rekluse's website [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Anyway, this sounds like the best thing going for a trail rider like myself. It opens up some other choices as far as quads go for me.

Hey Leelor - just curious - does the Artic Cat Z400 clone come with the Arctic Cat warranty or the Suzuki warranty? The Cat warranty is probably the best one on the market right now, and if they have their name all over a product, I'd imagine they have to stand behind it regardless of who actually built it, right?

Old 08-17-2005, 09:53 AM
Trailblazer

The DVX400 comes with the Arctic Cat Warranty, which for the 2006's, is a full 3 year warrany on the entire ATV and accessories that are purchased with it fron Arctic Cat. Unfortunately, I just bought a used 2004 with 2 rides on it, so I won't get a warranty. On the other hand, I got it for $3200, so I'm pretty happy.

Take care,
Lorrin

Old 08-19-2005, 10:24 AM
Pro Rider

leelorr where u at in Colo Springs. You should come up to ice racing at rainbow falls. i am going to get the Revloc auto clutch as soon as they have it for the raptor 660. the trevloc has many advtages to the recluce just look at the revloc site for details. Also if you come up to ice racing you can meet the inventor of the revloc.

for yall that don't have a clue here is the revloc site http://www.revloc.com/

Quick Reply: Auto clutch conversions: Revloc vs Rekluse vs others?