1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

new bee with a couple ?? on a tao tao 110 atv

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2014, 06:45 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new bee with a couple ?? on a tao tao 110 atv

first off want to say hi to all here, picked up this ata110b yesterday, all seams o.k. with it and seams to be a very low hour unit, title shows it to be a 2007, my main question is, is there a aftermarket extra frame mount kit for these? I bought a wildfire 110 atv 11 years ago and noticed right away engine/frame vibration with it same as with this one i just bought, and wanted to add an extra engine mounting plate where the four bolt holes (or foot peg mounts in some cases) are at the bottom of the engine and to the frame to make for a stronger mount, looks like there's more than enough room on this one to do it, or will i be on my own on this one, i'd add pics, but can't do to being a new bee, any help would be great................

Old 07-27-2014, 07:55 AM
Weekend Warrior

i added pics to my album of the wheeler............

Old 07-27-2014, 11:24 AM
Weekend Warrior

well i figured my first question might be a bit much to ask, but i do have one more question about the clutch adjusting screw on the cover, this quad is gas and go, no shifting at all, looking at pics of the centrifugal clutches that i think are used on these, i see no reason for an adjuster, is it there just for looks, or does it actually do something?

Old 07-27-2014, 04:42 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

as far as mounts, you may have to fab and install your own. i know of no extra mounting kits. you may try replacing the engine bushings to tone down the vibes. as far as clutch adjustment, yeah, the adjuster works unless your clutch is at "end of life' and ready for replacement. do you know how to adjust them? do you have an owner's manual? i can PM you a generic one if you're interested.

Old 07-27-2014, 05:45 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by Jaster94
as far as mounts, you may have to fab and install your own. i know of no extra mounting kits. you may try replacing the engine bushings to tone down the vibes. as far as clutch adjustment, yeah, the adjuster works unless your clutch is at "end of life' and ready for replacement. do you know how to adjust them? do you have an owner's manual? i can PM you a generic one if you're interested.
yep, it came with a basically worthless manual, so just what exactly is this adjuster adjusting?, again, mine is a gas and go with no shifter, single speed............