1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

Suggestions for the Chinese Section of the forum.

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2014, 08:14 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts
Default Suggestions for the Chinese Section of the forum.

I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions to make the Chinese section better? Easier? I was talking with the administrator of the forum a while ago and we were thinking maybe breaking the Chinese section into specific "Brands" would be a nice feature. What do you all think?

Tao Tao, V-bike, Avanti, Jetmoto, Yamoto...

I havnt been in this forum much lately so Im not sure what the relevant and or popular Chinese quads are now.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks, MWQ

Old 07-02-2014, 08:51 AM
Administrator¿
Resident Killer!
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men". Willy Wonka: 1971
Cigars! Earth ne'eer did breed such a jovial weed.
A Tiger Doesn't Lose Sleep Over Opinions of Sheep
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

This is an excellent idea for this section. It may make it easier for repair searches also.....

Please submit any suggestions that you may have.......

Old 07-02-2014, 09:44 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

get rid of the ask a expert sections... The only issue i can see with making brand specific areas. Alot of the machines are the same thing just different name on them. Alot of troubles shooting and repair is not brand specific. So now people will have to search across multiple brands to find their answer. Keep everything in one area

Old 07-02-2014, 09:58 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Originally Posted by Zrock
get rid of the ask a expert sections... The only issue i can see with making brand specific areas. Alot of the machines are the same thing just different name on them. Alot of troubles shooting and repair is not brand specific. So now people will have to search across multiple brands to find their answer. Keep everything in one area
Thanks for your input Zrock

If we went to a separate brands deal, I think we would lose the ask a expert section.

You make a very good point about there being so many brands it could get confusing..

Maybe divide it up by engine size? 125cc and under? 150cc GY6 style? 200-250cc? 300cc and over?

Old 07-02-2014, 02:26 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

yeah, but the kiddie quad section also bites me in the butt, sometimes threads are there that should be in the chinese section. i've even seen some in the general chat section. i put a thread out there that i hoped would be a sticky one day but not many subscribers----it was a "post a pic and identify" quad thread so that it'd be a visual library for folks to look at and compare what they got in case they couldn't identify "what brand" they had. why couldn't we split up the chinese section into 3 categories? electrical, general, and mechanical? whether a 50cc or a 500cc? people can still state what size or whatever.

Old 07-02-2014, 02:27 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

and y'all are right, lose the "expert" section, too many places to post and too many duplicate threads.

Old 07-02-2014, 02:38 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

i don't know if the "brand" section would work seeing how a lot of folks don't know the brand. that's why i thought about being somewhat generic with the electrical, mechanical, and general sections.

Old 07-02-2014, 02:47 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Thanks Jaster94

Dividing by Brands is not as good idea as I first thought..

Old 07-02-2014, 02:48 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Maybe we should combine the kids quads and Chinese section together? Then divide it up?

Old 07-02-2014, 02:54 PM
Trailblazer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We could spend the entire day talking about how we could split the section, an option could be two-stroke & four-stroke etc..

The 'expert' section needs to go regardless since I feel it's just a bit pointless as essentially the same threads exist in both the 'normal' section and the expert one, all it does is make searching existing answers harder and invokes certain responses along the lines of 'try the expert section, it's exactly the same as this place but I honestly don't think anyone here can help you'.

Personally I'd suggest a fairly simple split between Issues and General, Issues being self-explanitory and General covering topics reaching from 'What kind of Chinese quad should I buy' to various experiences and stories.

Quick Reply: Suggestions for the Chinese Section of the forum.