1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

90cc china quad carb help?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2014, 06:54 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 90cc china quad carb help?

i have a 2005 china quad i believe, i just replaced stator, ignition coil, spark plug, cdi box, i finally got it to fire, i can get the carb adjusted where it will run off choke, but as soon as you hit the throttle, you kinda hear air sucking and it dies out. i took a pic of both side of the carb, i took it all apart and cleaned it, the float looks good, and there is no clogs. im guessing the needle with the spring is the idle, and the other flat head screw is the air/fuel mix. any help would be appreciated.

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/a...fa6d6f708c.jpg

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/a...fa6d6f708c.jpg

it wouldnt let me post the pictures, so here is the link.

Old 05-28-2014, 10:18 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

i know you said you cleaned the carb, but did you pull the jets out and clean them separately?

Old 05-28-2014, 11:11 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Jets

Ok I'm no where near a mechanic, so when you say jets, you mean the screws with points on them once taken out, if so yes I removed the 2 screws and cleaned them.

Old 05-28-2014, 11:54 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

they're brass on the inside of the carb. may look similar to this:

Old 05-28-2014, 11:54 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

so you see the orifices? can you see daylight through them and then down the center of the jets?

Old 05-28-2014, 11:57 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

see the black flange at the intake side of the carb? is it installed correctly? the O-Ring needs to seat so it won't suck vagabond air.

Old 05-28-2014, 11:58 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

running with the choke "ON" sounds like the pilot jet is still partially plugged. it doesn't take much to plug the tiny orifices. if i were you, i'd go and clean the pilot jet again. remove it and clean it good. use guitar wire, an oxy-acetylene torch tip cleaner pack, piano wire, or something like that to rod out the orifices and down the center of the jet.

Old 05-28-2014, 03:31 PM
Weekend Warrior

i was afraid to touch these, ok i cleaned them the best i could, i could only clean the one, i didnt have anything small enough to clean the bigger one, i shot carb cleaner down them, it was spraying out the little holes, i put it back together i can hit the throttle and it and its very responsive now, it back fires a little, and it sounds like its sucking air or an air sucking sound on and off on an idle. im gonna find something smaller to clean the other one, and tear it apart and clean them again. it made a big differnce tho. thanks for your help, i almost pushed it to the curb, i have been working on this for months, when i bought it, it wouldn't even turn over, so i have came a long way.

Old 05-28-2014, 04:45 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

once you get it running, let it idle. then VERY CAREFULLY, you can spray starting fluid (ether) or your carb cleaner. both a very flammable as you know so don't spray on anything hot, little shots here and there around the intake boot and carb. what this does is test for vacuum leaks. spraying a little on the intake boot revs it up, then you have a vacuum leak in that area and must find it. i.e. cracked boot or bad O-Ring on flange. if it doesn't rev up, then you must look elsewhere. like the little gasket where your slide enters the top of the carb which by the way, the #2 picture looks like you have it crossthreaded and it appears to be crooked. when doing this testing, make sure the lid is installed on your airbox.

Old 05-28-2014, 04:45 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

it sounds like you've come a long way on it, so we'll get you to the finish line.

Quick Reply: 90cc china quad carb help?