1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

Identifying the brand

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2014, 08:20 AM
Trailblazer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Identifying the brand

Identifying the brand-ivhvmnw.jpg

It looks quite a bit like a Yamaha Grizzly 300 and it has a 250cc Loncin engine, but that's pretty much all I know about it.
It's relatively cheap and I do get that lovely plow with it, which is basically the reason I'm considering the purchase.

Assuming anyone can identify it, does anyone have any experience with it or similar quads? And any general tips for dealing with a Chinese quad would be very much appreciated.

Thanks for your time.

Old 03-01-2014, 08:59 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A couple things to consider if you're going to use for plowing:

Does it have 4wd?

How available are plow replacement parts for this machine if any repairs/replacements are needed? I have not seen the major plow manufacturers come out with mounts for off-brand quads (but then again I have never looked) so I suspect this is a custom mount at the very least.

Old 03-01-2014, 09:26 AM
Trailblazer

It's unfortunately not 4wd but the person selling it is apparently quite well stocked on parts for the quad. And I'm assuming the plow should come with a custom mount, considering it's advertised as 'part of the package'.

EDIT: I'm less bothered by the plow and general plowing capability but I'm mostly posting here because I'd want to know if the quad falls under the 'chinese death-trap' category or is it one of those 'it's chinese but it didn't blow up when I got on it' types.

Old 03-01-2014, 09:33 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

if its 2wd you are going to have a heck of a time pushing snow with that.. 2wd and snow are not a good combo. Just smashed up my 2wd trying to load it on the trailer in the snow after a filed snow run attempt.

Old 03-01-2014, 02:20 PM
Range Rover

It's odd that the seller can have parts for the machine but not be able to tell you the brand.

Old 03-01-2014, 03:03 PM
Trailblazer

I've seen the quad and drove it around a little bit, but it has absolutely no stickers or anything that might identify the brand other than the Loncin engine one.

The seller did say he had some parts but I'm just assuming they're just generics since the quad seems to be a mesh of everything.

Old 03-01-2014, 03:03 PM
Pro Rider

not really as they are all fairly generic I wouldn't buy it though the larger Chinese quads have not been real good to me.

Old 03-02-2014, 08:54 AM
Trust, But Verify

Every chinese ATV I have seen has a data plate on it somewhere near the front. My Tao Tao has a quite large one on the front. You can not miss it.

Look behind the plastic bumper and see if there is one hidden behind it.

Old 03-02-2014, 08:56 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

if you cannot find a data plate or vin anyware.. walk away

Old 03-02-2014, 03:02 PM
Trailblazer

Agreed. Vin on front behind plastic bumper. Its either a taotao or coolster. All made from the same company in china. The guy should have an origin title for it. If you do get it, sell the plow. You wont be plowing anything with it.

Quick Reply: Identifying the brand