1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

Small electric chnese atv's

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2014, 11:23 PM
Trailblazer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Small electric chnese atv's

I've been seeing these chain drive 24v childs atv's on the net for sale thru places like Kmart and Sears and wondering if anyone has bought one and care to share your review of it. Brand name is a MotoTec 24v Mini. My grandson has cerebral palsy and looking for a tame well built electric atv that can be governed . He currently rides one of those powerwheels 12v ones but they are absolutely crap. They get stuck on flat ground. Any suggestions. -kid

Old 03-01-2014, 07:41 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not real savy on the e quads but the 110 ic have a lot of control measures on them. You can regulate throttle input you have a teather plug you can hold while they ride and you walk behind or attach to them in case them come off and a key FOB kill switch. The things you can't help are hot exhaust shut downs and no real engine braking so once he lets off the throttle it will not really stop rolling like an E machine. I would think that there are fantastic E machines out there I just don't know what brand you should look for I will speak with a friend of mine who is very into these with his small kids.
Dave

Old 03-01-2014, 09:41 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

If your getting one make sure it has the rubber strips in the tires or rubber tires for traction. Makes a huge diffrence. When i got the ride on for my little one i made sure it had the rubber strips. Well my x thought she was going to be smart and waited till the last min and then ran out when she found out what i had got and went out and got similar from walmart. well it had no rubber in the tires so it will just sit their and spin out on anything where the one i bought will go anyware and climb just about anything..

Old 03-02-2014, 02:54 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have had Razor brand 24 volt quads. We have loved it. If you can store it inside away from the weather not letting the electrical components stay wet it should be trouble free. Ours has been run through lots of mud and water holes. The battery has lasted for what seems a whole day. On level ground it has gone over two miles through woods trails. It has great traction on hills. I believe it's recommended for up to 90 pounds. The batterys cost around 45 or 50 dollars and probably last two years before no hold the charge for a long length of time. It's really like a mini quad.

Old 03-02-2014, 04:16 PM
Trailblazer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

It has two 12V batteries correct? Can you post a picture(s) of it. Thanks. -robert

Old 03-02-2014, 04:36 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, two batteries wired together. It's been painted because the red faded to pink from the sun on my porch where I stored it a few years.

Attached Thumbnails Small electric chnese atv's-img_1503.jpg