1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

Chain problem on Coolster 110

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2014, 09:39 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chain problem on Coolster 110

I have adjusted the chain multiple times but for the life of me I cant keep the tension right. After about 10-30 mins of riding the chain is loose enough to pop of the sprocket. I don't know what else I can do, I even put a new chain on thinking the old one was stretched. Any ideas?

Old 02-12-2014, 05:48 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

About the only thing I can say is go to your local shop and get a new one the chinese quad chains are awful especially the 420 which yours probably is.

Old 02-12-2014, 07:39 PM
Trailblazer

I've had that problem. there are four bolts that help hold it in position. The adjustment slides on two of them and rotates on the other two. Make sure all are tight, tight, tight.

Old 02-12-2014, 08:45 PM
Range Rover

I put on a new chain and torqed down the four bolts with my torq wrench and still works its way loose. Iv. about had it!

Old 02-13-2014, 03:18 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 300 Likes on 294 Posts

Not sure from your posts if it is the bolts coming loose or the chain stretching. If it is loose bolts, check the threads are OK and Loctite them in next time. If it is the chain, check the sprockets for wear, a new chain on a badly worn sprocket won’t last. Also buy the best quality new chain you can get from a motorcycle dealer rather than OEM Chinese.

Old 02-13-2014, 06:48 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Use blue locktite the medium strength and get new bolts and where it applies get nylock washers and this should help quite a bit.

Old 02-13-2014, 09:06 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Do you have the chain tension bolts in place? should be one on eater side that you tighten up to adjust the tension on the chain before you tighten the other bolts. The trick i use as i was having the same issue. Side opposite the sprocket tighten up the chain tensioner the axle will start to look crooked just use you hand on the sprocket site to get it close to strait. Tighten down tight. Now go to sprocket side you will probably have to push forward to get the axle strait use the tension bolt as a stop. Tighten. Then i just go back and give the tension bolts a turn until they are just snug. Have not had a issue since

Old 02-13-2014, 09:08 AM
Range Rover

Spockets are brand new aswell as the chain, but not a chinese one, its a KMC. It doesnt look like the bolts are coming loose but it seems like the rear axel is still moving forward. I guess its possible the chain is stretching but with a new chain I wouldnt think that would happen in 20 mins of riding?

Old 02-13-2014, 09:52 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

i doubt teh chain is streatching. Do you have these adjusters on your axle?
é€æ–™ç„¡æ–™ãƒã‚§ãƒ¼ãƒ³ãƒ†ãƒ³ã‚·ãƒ§ãƒŠãƒ¼( セット) @80050atvã®éƒ¨å“

I have a new chain and gears on mine and not import stuff and never had a problem as long as i adjusted right side first and then went back to the sprocket side and then made sure the above adjusters we snug.

Old 02-13-2014, 10:11 AM
Range Rover

Yeah those are on the quad too and Ive adjusted them as well. In all my years of riding no chain has given me issues like my sons quad right now.

Quick Reply: Chain problem on Coolster 110