1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

Peace Sports 110

Old 12-08-2013, 09:51 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Peace Sports 110

I was looking for a starter quad for my son for a few hundred bucks. I found one a couple hours away and by looking at the pictures and talking to the guy I went and picked up a buddy and grabbed the trailer and headed out. The guy said it had sat for a year but was basically brand new. We got there and sure enough it was in excellent condition. He had originally told me it was a 2012 model but turns out it was a 2009. The guy told me it sat for about a year and needed the battery charged. We got there and checked it out and everything seemed good. We loaded it up and got it back to my buddys shop and hooked the charger to it and the brake lights work but no fire. Won't crank or click at all. So we did some looking and did notice it needed a new left side brake lever and master cylinder, nothing major though. Overall it is in very good shape and for a couple hundred bucks I think I did ok.

So to get to my questions. I have done a little reading about the remote control systems on these. He didn't have the remote with it and so I am thinking that may be the reason it won't turn over. Is there a way to remove or bypass this? My son is ten so it really isn't necessary for him.

Also, does anyone happen to know what model this one is similar to that I could look for parts for?

DJ

Old 12-09-2013, 09:10 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

are u holding brake in when trying to start? they have a safety on them..

Old 12-09-2013, 02:33 PM
Trailblazer

For parts do a search for china quad parts.
Besides the brake safety switch which has to be made there may be a rear tether switch which has to be depressed. A fuse is inline with the battery. Look for loose or unplugged wires.

Old 12-09-2013, 03:27 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by alawoodchuck
For parts do a search for china quad parts.
Besides the brake safety switch which has to be made there may be a rear tether switch which has to be depressed. A fuse is inline with the battery. Look for loose or unplugged wires.
Yea, we found the tether in the back. Got that plugged in. Hopefully we can get it started tonight. Thanks for the replies. DJ