1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

crazy if u

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2013, 06:47 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default crazy if u

u are out of your mind if u waste one second or one penny on a Chinese atv, they are pure junk, if u gave me one I would give it someone I hate, I wasted $200 bucks on a 70cc atv in like new cond. (now in know way its like new) with no spark, parts are cheap enuff so I got a new cdi, coil and stator, ( in Chinese new means new to u not new as in good), put the parts on and it ran great just would turn off, took it all apart to check the wiring out and found out the b/w kill wire pin on the NEW cdi did nothing when grounded out, must a NEW bad cdi, so I ordered a NEW cdi and wile waiting for the cdi I checked the hard shell and wires at the cdi, looks fine, now it sparks one or two times and now spark, wait a wile and try again and same thing sparks one or two times and now spark, what junk, your crazy if u buy one of these things, I will wait till the (hopefully and good) cdi to come in if it still Fs up and to the range it goes for 556 holes to see if it likes that. don't waste your time.

Old 11-11-2013, 07:11 PM
Weekend Warrior

Surprised you could even find replacement parts. A ton of Chinese junk on the local Craigslist, not surprising most ads say "not currently running".

Old 11-11-2013, 11:44 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Well for one u bought a used one that was like new condition. Who knows what the previous owner did to it? It does not matter if u get over seas parts or brand name parts look at the stamping most of them say made in China. You are bound to get a bad one no mater if you pay $20 or $200 for the part. I have 2 Chinese quads and they both run perfect and start the first try every time. I have one down due to my own stupidity. Most of the people I know have at least 1 import and they run just as good as our brand name stuff.
One of the imports I picked up for next to nothing runs like a top. The previous owner butchered it and run the heck out of it. I replaced a few damaged and warn out parts less than $50 worth and it runs like a top. Only thing I had to replace on it over and above those parts was the cdi as I hosed it down when I washed it not realizing were it was

Old 11-12-2013, 08:10 PM
Trailblazer

I got it from a buddy that got for his kids, ran less then 2 tanks of gas in it and only in his yard,all grass, the deal is if it looks like new and don't run, its trouble, I only have $265 in it and will be able to part it out and get my money back.

Old 11-12-2013, 08:16 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

who buys a Chinese quad and thinks it's a quality atv?
10 minutes of research in any forum would provide enough evidence of how horribly made Chinese quads are.

Old 11-12-2013, 11:27 PM
Super Quad Patrol

Their are 2 sides to every coin. You can also spend 10 min on the Internet and find nothing but good reviews. Same goes for the brand name machines they have good and bad.
For what they are cheep knock offs of the older brand names. They are good for kids and adults that just can't afford a brand name machine. Like I said even the brand name have issues

Old 11-13-2013, 07:02 AM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.

Originally Posted by Zrock
Their are 2 sides to every coin. You can also spend 10 min on the Internet and find nothing but good reviews. Same goes for the brand name machines they have good and bad.
For what they are cheep knock offs of the older brand names. They are good for kids and adults that just can't afford a brand name machine. Like I said even the brand name have issues

Not reallythe same-

my intention isn't to flame chinese quad owners- but I do have to debate the claim "every quad has its issues" aspect when comparing a chinese atv with ANY other manufacturer...

The only part I agree with you on is that they are good for children- outside of that, there’s no comparison or reason for buying one. If all you can afford is a chinese quad- then don't buy a quad.... save for another month and buy a brand name quad instead. A used honda trx250 or a polaris 90 or a kfx 50 / 90 can all be bought used for a few hundred more then a new chinese atv- and they are all 10x more stable and better built.

It’s like living in a straw house and responding to someone’s remark that “straw houses blow down easily” – and your response is- “all houses can blow down”…. Well sure- in aclass 5 hurricane no house is safe- but most houses are safe in a thunder storm, except a straw house.

in case you don't get the analogy, chinese quads are the "straw house."

Chinese quads are fine for yard riding, grassy fields and pits close to home or close to your truck for about 35 – 50 minutes at a time; but if you try to take one on a 180mile ride through the white mountains – you’ll be left with a pile of scrap metal and one sore back. Every aspect of a cheap Chinese quad is poor when compared to any other Japanese, American or Canadian manufacturer; brick hard seats, cheaply made suspension components, soft and improperly torque fasteners, poorly built electronics and shoddy chassis assembly. You could park 100 chinese quads in a warehouse for a year and not touch’em- come back after a year and try to start’em all…. And 65 of them wouldn’t have a spark.

I’ve owned 2 chinese off road vehicles new from the factory; one was a challenger 250 offroad buggy and the other was a 110 atv for my 7 year old. both were total junk.

The first time I rode the buggy in the pit, the chain broke- on the second ride, the chain adjuster broke and the rear disk brake caliper stuck engaged. My kids new Chinese 110 atv- which was ridden maybe 5 or 6 times…. Ball joints were lose and the tie-rods were mis aligned (tires pointed in different directions when the bars were straight!), the kill switch didn’t work, every shock was lose due to improperly sized shock bushings, the head lights stopped working after the 2 nd or 3rd ride, the seat was as hard as a telephone book and the carb would surge even with a constant steady throttle-it was a POS. sold it and bought him a Kawasaki KFX50 (which I think is Chinese made ) but it’s a top brand name bike- he’s ridden it dozens of times over the last year and it’s fantastic- not a single issue- even with stale gas in it- nice soft suspension, soft quality seat, starts and idles perfect and things stay tight.

You do get what you pay for...

Old 11-13-2013, 09:06 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Many of the mainstream brands kids' quads are made in Korea. So. Korea, that is. They are pretty well made and are much better than the Chinese. Kymco is a Korean company that has made pretty good progress towards competing with the big names.

Old 11-13-2013, 09:33 AM
Super Quad Patrol

Originally Posted by beergut
Not reallythe same-

my intention isn't to flame chinese quad owners- but I do have to debate the claim "every quad has its issues" aspect when comparing a chinese atv with ANY other manufacturer...

The only part I agree with you on is that they are good for children- outside of that, there’s no comparison or reason for buying one. If all you can afford is a chinese quad- then don't buy a quad.... save for another month and buy a brand name quad instead. A used honda trx250 or a polaris 90 or a kfx 50 / 90 can all be bought used for a few hundred more then a new chinese atv- and they are all 10x more stable and better built.

It’s like living in a straw house and responding to someone’s remark that “straw houses blow down easily” – and your response is- “all houses can blow down”…. Well sure- in aclass 5 hurricane no house is safe- but most houses are safe in a thunder storm, except a straw house.

in case you don't get the analogy, chinese quads are the "straw house."

Chinese quads are fine for yard riding, grassy fields and pits close to home or close to your truck for about 35 – 50 minutes at a time; but if you try to take one on a 180mile ride through the white mountains – you’ll be left with a pile of scrap metal and one sore back. Every aspect of a cheap Chinese quad is poor when compared to any other Japanese, American or Canadian manufacturer; brick hard seats, cheaply made suspension components, soft and improperly torque fasteners, poorly built electronics and shoddy chassis assembly. You could park 100 chinese quads in a warehouse for a year and not touch’em- come back after a year and try to start’em all…. And 65 of them wouldn’t have a spark.

I’ve owned 2 chinese off road vehicles new from the factory; one was a challenger 250 offroad buggy and the other was a 110 atv for my 7 year old. both were total junk.

The first time I rode the buggy in the pit, the chain broke- on the second ride, the chain adjuster broke and the rear disk brake caliper stuck engaged. My kids new Chinese 110 atv- which was ridden maybe 5 or 6 times…. Ball joints were lose and the tie-rods were mis aligned (tires pointed in different directions when the bars were straight!), the kill switch didn’t work, every shock was lose due to improperly sized shock bushings, the head lights stopped working after the 2 nd or 3rd ride, the seat was as hard as a telephone book and the carb would surge even with a constant steady throttle-it was a POS. sold it and bought him a Kawasaki KFX50 (which I think is Chinese made ) but it’s a top brand name bike- he’s ridden it dozens of times over the last year and it’s fantastic- not a single issue- even with stale gas in it- nice soft suspension, soft quality seat, starts and idles perfect and things stay tight.

You do get what you pay for...
you have just had bad luck with them.. hehe.. No offence but sounds like you have a pretty good job.. I have 3 quads and it would have taken me more than a few months to save a few thousand more to purchase 2 more brand name quads for the rest of the family. Instead i got 2 imports for around $600. Instead of the $4000 i would have been looking at. Not everyone can afford it. so they should go without and not get out in nature and enjoy it? They are what they are cheep way for some people to get into the sport.
Like i said every machine has issues. My friend has a brand new brand name 90 for his little one. Less than 6 months old and has been broken more than the poor little one has ridden it. They have taken to ridding my little ones import as it works every time.
The biggest issue with imports is you cannot let them sit outside in the wet weather due to the location of electronics. The water just runs down the wire and kills em. I have relocated my cdi's on both machines to under the seat instead of under the front fender.

Old 11-13-2013, 10:02 AM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ

no offense taken

I bought my 2008 KFX 50 for my son last year off craigslist for $700- was near mint condition. That was 1 of a half dozen brand name kids quads I had on my list for under $900.

Quick Reply: crazy if u