1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

New Chinese ATV, what to change so it lasts?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2013, 08:38 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Chinese ATV, what to change so it lasts?

Hi everyone, first post, new to the site. I just bought a brand new 110cc ATV for my 4 year old son, we didn't want to go with a big name/big money ATV knowing that he's going to outgrow it within a few years.

So my questions is this, what should i change on the ATV so it lasts longer. I've read other sites that say change, oil, spark plug and wire, fuel lines and filter, run only high octane fuel

WHAT BRAND/TYPE DO YOU GUYS RECOMMEND?

-Crank oil?
-I pulled the spark plug its says "DIYOU A7TC"..what brand crosses over?
-Not sure about the plug wire.
-Fuel line already has a filter.
-I bought hi test ethanol free gas for it today.

Like i said its brand new only drove it around the parking lot before i bought it for a couple minutes. I know the first thing you guys are probably going to ask is "what brand is it"? Unfortunately i don't remember what the dealer said and all the paper work is up at my parents in hiding with the ATV since its going to be a Christmas gift. I remember the title/origin paper said the manufacture wasShandong Liangzi Power Co., Ltd if that helps any. Not sure if it matter I was told all the parts are pretty much interchangeable.

Thanks in advance guys, any help would be great!

Old 11-07-2013, 09:15 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nah they are pretty much generic. A better battery and just go over the machine for tight A frames and all fasteners especially handle bars. You should be good to go. HAVE FUN ATGATT!!!!!!

Old 11-08-2013, 09:56 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

All you should need to do is change the engine oil. Some of them come with some sort of special oil in them for shipping but not really good to run on. Maby keep a spare plug handy but not necessary to change it or the wire, fuel line, or fuel filter. After a few hours of running or when you do the next oil change then check the filter and see if it needs changing. I just use diesel engine oil in my 110.
Only reason to use high octane is it is usually ethanol free. If you can find a lower grade that is ethanol free then use it. Im finding my little 110 does not like the high octane as it has started to ping since switching over at idle.
110/125CC ATV, 110/125CC ATV direct from Shandong Liangzi Power Co., Ltd. in China (Mainland)

Im finding them pretty good little machines. I bought one that was rode hard and put away wet. A little tlc and its a very reliable machine. Mine has the same type of tires and they really suck in the mud or slippery surfaces. Im going to be switching the rears only over to a pin type tire that you see on the small can-ams they seem to work well. Ill probably go wider as well as these seem to be a pretty narrow tire

Old 11-08-2013, 12:53 PM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

we didn't want to go with a big name/big money ATV knowing that he's going to outgrow it within a few years.
To late now, but the brand names kids atvs do not lose much value once your kid grows out of it when you sell it to the next guy for his kid.

My friend bought a 2003 Kawasaki KFX 80 for $1000 a few yeas ago from a guy who bought it off a guy for $1000 used for his kid.
He sold it for $900 and I have no doubt the guy who bought it will get his money back after he is through with it.
So the ATV is 10 years old and has see multiple owners and I don,t thing a wrench has ever touched it because it was that bullet proof.
That ATV will teach many more kids how to ride before its days are done.
His kid used it for two years at a cost $100, not bad. Used Brand name Japaness kids ATVs sell quick.

I think the best thing with a China ATV is take it apart then reassemble it with "Loctite".

Old 11-09-2013, 12:27 PM
Pro Rider
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Zrock
Only reason to use high octane is it is usually ethanol free. If you can find a lower grade that is ethanol free then use it.
Really? I don't know where you live, but most gas sold in the US has
as much as 10% ethanol mixed in. VERY hard to avoid.

I just bought some premium at a Shell station for my chainsaws in order
to try an experiment: removing as much ethanol as I could. Here is how
you do it: take a clear bottle and put a inch or 2 of clean water in it. Add
some gas to nearly full and shake it up. Note the before and after levels
of the water/gas interface. I noted about a 10% different in volume
change of the gas after doing this. Siphon off the gas.

The downside of doing this is that alcohol in the gas actually increases the
octane rating. I was concerned that if I removed the ethanol from regular
gas, the octane rating would be too low, causing pinging. The good news
is that both regular and premium seem to have about the same amount
of ethanol.

It's a PITA to do this, I know, for any significant volume use of gas.

Old 11-09-2013, 12:34 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by TLC
I think the best thing with a China ATV is take it apart then reassemble it with "Loctite".
Or at least tighten all the bolts. True of SO many products from China.

Also, don't leave the ATV out in the rain. Water gets into the electrical
connections and switches, causing problems.

I know of a business that buys PTO chippers from China by the container,
takes them completely apart, re-assembles them, then re-sells them in the
US. The materials used by the maker was OK, but the assembly was sloppy.

Old 11-09-2013, 09:48 PM
Super Quad Patrol

I'm in Canada where the low grade of fuel has 10% ethanol next up has 5% and premium usually is ethanol free. Sometimes you can find a little mom and pop shop that has no ethanol in any fuel

Old 11-09-2013, 10:03 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by Zrock
I'm in Canada where the low grade of fuel has 10% ethanol next up has 5% and premium usually is ethanol free.
You are fortunate. I wish I could buy ethanol-free fuel.

In the US, we have ethanol subsides, ethanol mandates (incl non-existant
celluosic ethanol mandates), as well as 30-odd different fuel formulations
across the country.

Old 11-09-2013, 10:36 PM
Super Quad Patrol

That sucks. To bad the government would just keep their noses out of it. I drive a older diesel and it suck that I have to keep adding additives cuz the diesel is made for all the new veh and is to dry for the older trucks. I like my older junk. Hehe.

Old 11-10-2013, 10:17 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have a Tao Tao 110 that my son rides and I keep all the bolts tight, chain tight and lubed. Also I keep the fuel filter fresh cause the pilot jets seem to get clogged easily on these atv's. But other than that they are pretty good to go. Just inspect it regularly like any other atv.

Quick Reply: New Chinese ATV, what to change so it lasts?