1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

Looking for wiring diagram for a Kandi 250

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2013, 09:22 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for wiring diagram for a Kandi 250

A customer just dropped off a Kandi 250 and wants me to "make it run", lol. The issue I'm having is a few of the wires are just hanging around with nowhere to go and the site I usually use to get the wiring diagrams for the chinese machines doesn't have one for Kandi. Does anyone know where I can get the wiring diagram for the Kandi 250?

Old 10-09-2013, 09:13 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

got a link for this site? i have one that im starting to fix the hack job on the wiring tonight and have a few of the same issues

Old 10-09-2013, 09:29 AM
Trailblazer

Chinese Atv Wiring - Electrical Parts - Roketa Atv 110 Wiring Diagram - Buyang Atv 90 Wiring Diagram That link should take you directly to the electircal diagrams. Then you just have to figure out which one you need. As I have found out, not all of them are there. If that link doesn't work, just go to Buyatvsonline - Chinese Atv Parts Scooter Parts 110cc Parts 150cc Parts 70cc Parts 90cc Parts 50cc and then click on the electrical link on the page. Just curious, but what are you working on and what trouble are you having? I have done several of the chinese vehicles so I am a bit familiar with them now. They're a nightmare when you're not familiar with their systems, lol. Let me know it that helps and if you have any questions.

Old 10-09-2013, 11:14 PM
Super Quad Patrol

Look for my post about rear end electrical wires. I'm pretty sure I posted a link to what I have. One of my posts I did.

Right now I'm just eliminating wiring issues for a random no spark. Cut the wrap off the wire harness and just found nothing but a mess. Barley roughed 2 hot wires and they fell out of the crimp. So now I'm soldering and heat shrinking all connections. Someone disconnected all the safety starter interrupt switches. Just found the clutch lever wires and now I'm trying to figure out where they go. I'm thinking with the non factory butt connectors on the starter solenoid it wires in their somewhere also one wire on the cdi had been cut and routed to the solenoid so I'm assuming that it run in sequence with clutch starter switch and then back. I have 3 wires coming off the rear diff I have no idea were they go. Several connectors under the front with no mate. Neutral light and any other light that would have been up on the bars are all gone with no wires anywhere.

The thing was running untill I think the cdi got wet in the rain but want to eliminate issues. Most of the solder connections to the battery and starter were to cold and fell apart when I moved them. Man that's quality work a shop did since I seen the invoice for the work.

Old 10-10-2013, 12:19 PM
Trailblazer

What kind of vehicle is it?

Old 10-10-2013, 12:21 PM
Trailblazer

from the sound of it, as long as everything is still there, it should just be making sure all the connections are good, make sure the carb is clean, and check any fuses. Basic to start if you're having trouble with it.

Old 10-10-2013, 12:40 PM
Super Quad Patrol

Originally Posted by Ace1996
What kind of vehicle is it?
EPA ATV 250-3, View EPA ATV, Product Details from Wenling Import & Export Co., Ltd. on Alibaba.com

Now i just have to figure out what that wire does off the rear diff and find the wire's for neutral indicator light and reverse light

Old 10-10-2013, 09:13 PM
Trailblazer

I finally made some progress with my wiring issues on the Kandi 250. Unfortunately, I managed to "let the smoke out" as we heard when I went to MMI, lol. I've got a short to ground somewhere, I think it's in the cdi. I need to figure out where the damn wires go in the cdi. It's a 6 pin system, but the only 6 pin diagram I have doesn't even come close to matching the wire colors on the Kandi. I'd like to rip out all the damn wires and replace the whole thing, but I doubt that the customer is going to want to spend the money to buy a new wiring harness. Sucks for me, lol.

Old 10-11-2013, 12:12 AM
Super Quad Patrol

Haha your in the same boat as me. I just stripped all the loom off the harness and started repairing. Think it might have been easier just to get a few rolls of wire and start over. Hehe

Old 10-12-2013, 01:31 AM
Trailblazer

Ha!!! After 4 days I finally decided to limit my wire tracing to just the starting system (something I should have thought to do 4 days ago). Through a little bit of trial and error I finally figured out where my short was and rewired the stupid cdi (presumably correctly) and managed to get the engine to turn over. I haven't got it started yet--still needed to clean the carb and put the gas tank back on, but I was extatic to hear the starter turn over after 4 days of nada. I have since cleaned the carb which took 3 hours--the main jet was clogged, should tell ya how bad it was, lol, and I have put the gas tank back on. By the time I was done, it was already late and was dark. Tomorrow I'm going to put some fuel in the tank and see if I can get it to start. From there I'll be able to tell if I have the charging system wired correctly. If all goes well, the customer will have his quad back, I'll get paid, and we'll both be happy. By the way, I found out after taking a closer look at the quad that it is actually a 230cc motor. Kandi appearently only made this model for 2007 and then did away with it and made their 250cc model. That would be why I couldn't find a circuit diagram for it. I called the Kandi 800 number and they didn't even have the diagram anymore. I'm saving the one I used that was close to it and labling it for this vehicle, just in case I get another one later.

Quick Reply: Looking for wiring diagram for a Kandi 250