1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

Newbie Loncin 50 ATV B 2 Stroke Quad.

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2013, 09:44 PM
KBG
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Newbie Loncin 50 ATV B 2 Stroke Quad.

Hi all or G'day as we say down under...

This is my first post so I hope I haven't covered old ground and I want to ad many thanks for a great forum and any help I get now and in the future.

I realise 2 stroke is on it's way out but I have this quad for my daughter which is a Loncin 50 ATV B 2 Stroke.

Not sure if I'm allowed but here is a link to what it is.
Jianshe Australia | Loncin 50ATV B Quad Bike

Parts in Australia a near impossible to find, I did find this place in Canada I think but they don't reply to emails.
ATV & Motocross - Hard to Find Parts with Schematics

They have a great parts list but again wont reply to emails

I would also like to get some in put on the type of oil to use in the crankcase.
This is a fully automatic quad with electric start and I have taken the starter motor out and oil went every where. Actually it was BLACK SLUDGE so I have concerns about the bendix end of the starter being in oil? Pulled starter apart NO OIL in the bushes or electical side...

I have removed the crankcase cover and cleaned out the SLUDGE and ruined gasket, now it is spotless and the starter rebuilt.
I cannot get another side gasket in Australia so was going to use a gasket paste of sorts. But what oil do I use ??

Has anyone had experiences like this ?

So this is why I am posting which I am sure will be one of many...

Regards and Appreciated
KBG

Old 10-03-2013, 10:27 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

for the gasket just used any automotive silicone.. The blue is usually what i use and can be found at most stores.. As for the oil in the crank case their is suppose to be some oil in their hence the seal.. Not a lot of oil in their but some.. My 250 is the same thing. you can go to the store and use atv/motorcycle oil for the crankcase just don't get the 2 stroke that's for mixing. Or you can use normal 1030 or something similar

Its cheaper to use ebay for parts for these things.. Most of the online suppliers of parts have very little customer service