1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

50cc chinese something that wont start

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2022, 12:51 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 50cc chinese something that wont start

ok guys

i got a 50 cc kids quad for 150 Canadian dollars it ran with low compression when i got it, ran for about 5 mins then quit. since then i have done the following and it wont start now....need some help.
  • new starter
  • new oil and full gasket replacement
  • new battery
  • new wiring harness including stator
  • After compression test ( 60 PSI) - serviced the top end completely, everything looks good now (140 ish PSI) timing spot on.
  • stripped down the carb and noticed the crappy little choke lever was pooched but that wont stop the engine from firing if fuel is getting in ....I don't think? ( new cark is on the way though
So I'm now scratching my head now, I sprayed a load of quick start in the carb but nothing, what I did notice was that was coming out of the exhaust manifold, that's telling me the fuel is getting in but not firing...
right now i have the motor in the frame

and firing it up direct from a battery set up, i had the full harness on and everything connected correctly yesterday and the spark wasn't great when i tested the coil connections ( ill probably upgrade the plug when i get it running)

what am i missing? please help i need to get this thing running before my lady has a conniption !