1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

110cc camshaft sprocket

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 09:49 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 110cc camshaft sprocket

I removed the camshaft sprocket to get to the piston on a 110cc atv. My problem is I didn't check how the sprocket should be put back on the camshaft. I need to know which way the timing mark (dot) on the camshaft sprocket should be pointing in relation to the cam lobes.

Old 05-10-2011, 10:03 AM
Trailblazer

I'm not familiar with your engine but I did a google search and found this.

Set 110cc timing

hope it helps

Ram50

Old 05-10-2011, 11:26 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by ram50
I'm not familiar with your engine but I did a google search and found this.

Set 110cc timing

hope it helps

Ram50
That link doesn't answer my question. I want to know where the timing mark ( dot) on the camshaft sprocket should be pointing when reinstalling it back on to the cam. I removed the camshaft from the head and i don't know which way the timing mark on the sprocket should point in relation to the cam lobes.

Old 05-10-2011, 11:45 AM
Weekend Warrior

Let me make myself clear. The camshaft has been removed from the motor and it is sitting on my workbench. So what I did is I removed the three bolts that hold the camshaft sprocket to the camshaft without taking notes of how the sprocket should go back on the camshaft. I need someone to tell me which way the camshaft sprocket timing mark should point in relation to the cam lobes.

Old 05-10-2011, 12:32 PM
Pro Rider

These Honda knock off 50-110 cc engines are mostly the same. Here is a link to a service manual.

http://www.mastertechsports.com/BAJA...e%20Manual.pdf

Old 05-10-2011, 12:46 PM
Pro Rider

Here is another good link for a 90cc ATV.

Old 05-10-2011, 02:10 PM
Trailblazer

ahhhhhhh I see said the blind man....... I'll see what I can find I was going in the wrong direction... my bad. I take it that the sprocket and cam are not keyed then ?

Old 05-10-2011, 11:49 PM
Electrical Expert
Likes High Voltage In The Tub!
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by keithert
Here is another good link for a 90cc ATV.

Both those links are great!!!

Thanks for that...

Old 05-11-2011, 12:04 AM
Electrical Expert
Likes High Voltage In The Tub!
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by NoLuv4Hoes
Let me make myself clear. The camshaft has been removed from the motor and it is sitting on my workbench. So what I did is I removed the three bolts that hold the camshaft sprocket to the camshaft without taking notes of how the sprocket should go back on the camshaft. I need someone to tell me which way the camshaft sprocket timing mark should point in relation to the cam lobes.
I'm trying to visualize this... And I should say I have no mechanical experience on this engine...

But you then only have three possibilities (for three bolts), right? So if you align the TDC mark on the crankshaft, crank the cam over until both valves are closed, *and* the camshaft sprocket can be mounted with the mark aligned, *and* the valves are closed for many degrees of rotation on either side, you should be there. I think that is right. The only other possibilites are with the cam out plus or minus 120°, which would have one of the valves open or really close to being open, and the marks aligned.

The intake and exhaust valves are both closed for most of the compression stroke, and most of the combustion stroke. The marks are aligned at TDC on the compression stroke. Thus it should be unambigous (I think) where both valves are closed, and not anywhere close to being open.

Old 05-11-2011, 02:08 PM
Trailblazer

ahhhh crap thats right...... its a three bolt pattern all three bolts should only line up one way.

Quick Reply: 110cc camshaft sprocket