Go Back   ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community » Brand Discussions Area » Chinese Quads
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to ATVConnection Forums!
Welcome to ATVConnection.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the ATVConnection Forums community today!

Reply Share this with your friends
Old 01-24-2011, 06:28 PM
Weekend Warrior
Garage is empty, add now

Default 110cc Atv wont start

we have a 110cc motor four wheeler that will not start. i have new carb new plug new battery it turns over and i have fire going to the spark plug but it still will not start at all. and i have good compression and it still does not start and also i changed the solenoid. i have no idea what the problem could be im at a lost on this one this is my first time working on a Chinese atv so any help would be appreciated
Old 01-24-2011, 07:42 PM
Electrical Expert
Likes High Voltage In The Tub!
Garage is empty, add now

When was the last time the valves were adjusted? Hard (or no) starting when cold are the classic symptoms.
Old 01-25-2011, 08:32 PM
Weekend Warrior
Garage is empty, add now

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnEdwards View Post
When was the last time the valves were adjusted? Hard (or no) starting when cold are the classic symptoms.

cold start was almost impossible on this bike i put it in my garage with the heat on for a few hours put the choke on and it started up. thanks for the input
Old 01-26-2011, 10:30 AM
Weekend Warrior
2006 SUNL 100
My Garage

Shantyle919,

Lynn, resently helped me get one started that sounded similar to your issue and I really pulled my hair out, so I'm feeling like a bit of a pro now.

First things first.....for the sake of troubleshooting need to fully understand the situation:

First question, Did you just buy this ATV used and its never been running or was it running then suddenly stop?

Second question, can you get any life out of the motor? I understand that it's turning over but I'm looking for hints that its actually attempting the to start. For example any tailpipe pop or short attempt to start up?

Third question, are you getting fuel to the spark? Have you tried a couple of squirts of High-Performance starter fluid in the chamber?

We'll start here, and move forward after you answer these questions.

LV
Old 01-26-2011, 10:30 AM
Reply Share this with your friends

Tags
110, 110cc, atv, cc, chinese, gas, hard, pro, quad, start, starting, starts, sunl, turns, wheeler, wont