Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

chinese jetmoto 110cc

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2010, 06:45 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default chinese jetmoto 110cc

mygrandson has a chinese jetmoto 110cc that has no spark is the electrical diagram and info posted for the 150cc the same for the 110cc?

Old 01-16-2010, 07:16 PM
Electrical Expert
Likes High Voltage In The Tub!
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

No, 150cc machines are little different. They use a 6 pin CDI. Yours uses a 5 pin or a 4 pin CDI.

I've not seen an official Jetmoto 110cc wiring diagram. Here is a link to a Giovanni 110cc wiring diagram. It uses the 5 pin CDI. If yours also uses a 5 pin CDI then the wiring will be very similar to the Giovanni.

http://forums.atvconnection.com/kids...g-diagram.html

So the first question is which CDI is your quad using. Below are pics of the 5 pin and 4 pin:

Name:  4pinCDI.jpg
Views: 3005
Size:  29.7 KB

Name:  50cc-cdi.jpg
Views: 1636
Size:  19.2 KB

If you have the more common 5 pin CDI the first test is to check the kill switch connection and make sure it is *not* shorted to ground. Unplug the CDI and measure the kill switch wire in the harness to ground. It should read open (or infinite ohms). Do this test with all kill switches off and the ignition switch on.

If you have the less common 4 pin CDI then we need to back up and switch directions.

Old 01-18-2010, 02:13 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default 14404224

I want to thank you for the info on the110. Ichecked and it is a 5 pin cdi. I am hoping you can give me the expected readings on this cdi and also from the stator. The cdi has a green wire, a black and white, a black and red, a black and yellow and a blue and white. I checked the diagram on the Giovanni that was posted, but it is a thumbnail scan and i cannot get enough enlargement to make it usuable. Any help anyone can give would be most appreciated. I am at a total loss on this thing altho ai have experience as an electrican on aircraft. Many thanks to everyone.

Old 01-18-2010, 11:53 PM
Electrical Expert

First I'm a little confused on the Giovanni wiring diagram picture. The original one was maybe a little small but the second one I posted was huge. If you saved it and then printed it it would fill a printed page. The "thumbnail" isn't what you look at. Instead hover over the thumbnail with your mouse and wait for the big picture to load, then right click and choose "save picture as..." to store it to your hard disk. Then bring it into word, or any image viewer and print it.

Hmmm, let's try something different (no thumbnails this time):

How's this?

Name:  AnotherGiovanni110ccwiringdiagram.jpg
Views: 5680
Size:  70.2 KB
The ignition system on your quad consists of the stator, CDI, ignition coil, spark plug, kill switches (most often more than one), and associated wiring.

Most often no spark problems have to do with kill switch(es) and kill switch wiring. That's the place to start. Unplug your CDI, and use an ohmmeter to measure the kill switch pin resistance in the wiring harness to engine ground. When you do this have the quad set up to run - all kill switches off and the ignition switch on. You should measure infinite resistance (open). If you measure zero ohms to ground on the kill switch wire in the wiring harness you could crank the starter all day long and never get spark.

Measuring the kill Switch stuff is first. Next step (if it is necessary) is measuring the CDI high voltage power supply from the stator and the trigger voltage from the stator.

Caution: The ignition system on your quad runs on high voltage, The CDI pins and the kill switch can have substantial voltages on them whenever the engine is turning. Watch where you put your fingers when cranking the engine.

Old 01-22-2010, 12:59 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default 14404224

Thanks to Lynn Edwarrds: The thumbnail I had expanded as yousaid but it was pretty much blurry. The second diagram is perfect and I got a great copy. Iam having the quad moved to my house so I can work on it. I havent checked the kill switch yet. Ihope its that simple and I can get it fixed soon. Ill keep in touch. Thanks again and happy riding.

Old 01-24-2010, 10:42 AM
Weekend Warrior

lynn, ithink the problem with the thumbnail expansion was in my laptop, i tried to make a copy of the second diagram and the copier went crazy. i couldnt get it to stop coping and every time i plugged the copier into the laptop it copies the diagram over and over and i cant stop it unless i unplug the copier. any ideas? if any one has any ideas please help. thanks to everyone for being so kind and helpful to an old dummy.

Old 01-24-2010, 02:09 PM
Pro Rider

If you have windows pc, right click on the image, then save as file. remember to look where it is being saved then go to Start - All Programs - Accessories - Paint. File Open the file you saved, then Print. Make sure the printer you are using is in the list.

also, turn off Printer and laptopn, then power each back on before doing this.

Old 01-26-2010, 02:01 PM
Weekend Warrior
Question doing it wrong?

I seem to have lost contact or I am doing something wrong. I am new at this and am probably screwing it up. Lynn sent me some info and was most helpful. I checked the resistance readings on the stator and got these. b/r to g 495, bl/w to g 2, g to grnd 0, w to g infinity. y to g infinity. I checked the kill sw. wiring it is infinity. I believe I need a new stator. If not what am I doing wrong? I want to thank everyone for your help and patience.I got the printer problem solved thanks for the directions. Hope I can get a response to this.

Old 01-26-2010, 10:25 PM
Electrical Expert

Originally Posted by 14404224
I seem to have lost contact or I am doing something wrong. I am new at this and am probably screwing it up. Lynn sent me some info and was most helpful. I checked the resistance readings on the stator and got these. b/r to g 495, bl/w to g 2, g to grnd 0, w to g infinity. y to g infinity. I checked the kill sw. wiring it is infinity. I believe I need a new stator. If not what am I doing wrong? I want to thank everyone for your help and patience.I got the printer problem solved thanks for the directions. Hope I can get a response to this.
Blk/Red: Sounds OK
Blu/Wht: Wrong
Green (Gnd): Good

The Yellow and White wires are for charging your battery and running the lights. They have nothing to do with ignition or no spark issues so we can ignore that for now. I bet that if you measured the resistance between the yellow and white wires you would see 2 ohms or so.

The blu/Wht wire is from your trigger coil inside the stator. Double check this measurement to be sure. It should be about 150 ohms to ground. The trigger pickup coil is mounted on the stator base plate outside the flywheel. If it really is two ohms then I would look under the engine covers at this coil and the wires feeding it looking for shorts or pinched wires. You might be able to fix those without having to change the stator.

Old 03-02-2010, 04:48 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default jetmoto start problem

everyone who helped; Lynn, Idouble checked and found you were right about the ignition sencing coil. I found the connector broken off the coil. I resoldered it and the quad started right up. Thanks a million.

Quick Reply: chinese jetmoto 110cc