1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

Manco Talon/Linhai Wont Idle

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2021, 10:25 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Manco Talon/Linhai Wont Idle

I just inherited two quads that have been sitting in my inlaws barn. Both are Manco Talon 260cc bought from Tractor Supply. I think these are essentially rebranded Linhai 260cc.

Anyway I changed the oil, changed transmission oil, new gas, new spark plugs in both.

Quad 1 fires right up and runs but doesn't idle. I havent messed with this one too much yet.

Quad 2 didnt fire or run. I took the carb off and cleaned it and put everything back together and now it starts right up and runs with throttle but doesnt idle. I found the throttle stop screw but it really only pushes the throttle body a tiny, tiny bit. Roughly 1/8 inch. I also found the mixture screw and adjusted this. If I turn it "out" 7 full turns it will idle for a few seconds then quit running. If I turn this to 2 full turns "out" it dies right away.

Q1) Is 7 full turns too much? Everything I have read makes me think it is too much and I can see threads on the screw so I think this is too much.

Q2) The throttle has a little too much play, around an inch or so. I plan on tightening this but will this affect idle at all? Wont this only affect opening the throttle valve?

My next steps: I am going to spray carb cleaner around all the air hoses while running to see if I have any air leaks, Tighten the throttle cable.

Thanks for any insights.

FYI: I still need to check to see if the cooling fans work and change the coolant. Also potentially put new gear oil for the rear axle case (I dont know the term for it.)

Old 07-17-2022, 11:55 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default same problem

hi hopefully you receive this since i am so late, i’m also having the same problem, won’t idle for anything! i was curious if you have found the solution? thank you!