Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

Tao Tao 110 Carb adjustments 1 screw only

Old 09-11-2009, 09:43 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tao Tao 110 Carb adjustments 1 screw only

Ok I have a Tao Tao ATA 110 D1. It was running fine until my son flipped it over.
Since then it runs rough. I have looked at the carb adjustment sticky on this site but my carb only has one adjustment screw. I believe it is the air/fuel adjustment on the right hand side of the carb. It is slightly recessed and brass and a flat head screw driver fits it. Per the sticky i warmed the bike up and screwed it all the way in and then backed it out two turns. The bike idles fine but sputters when you take off. I cannot find a screw with a spring on it for the Idle speed. Is it possible mine only has one adjustment? The only other screw that I can find is down at the bottomside of the square bowl and I think it is the bowl drain screw. The carb has TZ20 stamped on the side if this helps.

Old 09-12-2009, 09:36 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

I was hoping the carb from my Jetmoto 125 would be the same as your 110...no such luck its a PZ 19... Does the throttle cable go into the carb or hook to a wheel on the outside of the carb? Any way you could post a pic of the carb? As for the problem after the roll over, if it was a hard enough of a crash the float could now be out of adjustment...

Old 09-12-2009, 11:22 AM
Weekend Warrior

The Throttle cable goes into the top of the carb abd can only be removed by screwing off the round top of the carb.

I di notice the air filter has a tube running to the crankcase and since the machine was upside down some oil ran into the cleaner via the tube. The only problem is when i removed the air filter i broke so now i ahve to buy a new one to test it.

Here is a picture of the carb.

Attached Thumbnails Tao Tao 110 Carb adjustments 1 screw only-img00025.jpg  
Old 09-13-2009, 07:58 AM
Trailblazer
Default carb adjustment

try looking under the bowl or at the bottom of the carb my son's 110cc has the air/fuel screw there
Originally Posted by jdunn01
Ok I have a Tao Tao ATA 110 D1. It was running fine until my son flipped it over.
Since then it runs rough. I have looked at the carb adjustment sticky on this site but my carb only has one adjustment screw. I believe it is the air/fuel adjustment on the right hand side of the carb. It is slightly recessed and brass and a flat head screw driver fits it. Per the sticky i warmed the bike up and screwed it all the way in and then backed it out two turns. The bike idles fine but sputters when you take off. I cannot find a screw with a spring on it for the Idle speed. Is it possible mine only has one adjustment? The only other screw that I can find is down at the bottomside of the square bowl and I think it is the bowl drain screw. The carb has TZ20 stamped on the side if this helps.

Old 09-13-2009, 09:32 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

The screw on the side of the carb is the idle screw...in the lower left section of the car, just above the float bowl.. Is a brass looking something...is that a plug? If it doesnt look like it can be removed I would look in the front of the carb, from the bottom...a lot of the fuel screws are right where your intake manifold runs in front of the carb..

Old 09-13-2009, 10:57 AM
Weekend Warrior

mywifesquad - you are correct about the other being a brass plug. I have been all over this carb and there is no other external adjustment.

Thinking about the four things a engine needs to fire (Gas, Air, Compression and spark) I decided to focus on the air cleaner as every thing else was present. It did not look dirty from the outside and i didn't notice the oil till i removed it. Upon removing the crankcase vent tube I accidentally half tore off the airfilters metal top. I then cleaned the airfilter with brake cleaner and JB welded the top back on (remember it had oil in it from the crankcase vent tube after rolling over) reinstalled and adjusted the air/fuel mixture to increase the idle speed a tad and bing no more sputtering during acceleration.

These carbs seem very sensitive to everything so don't do like i did and overlook the obvious.