Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

cleaning and rebuilding a wildfire 250 cc carb

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 09:00 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face cleaning and rebuilding a wildfire 250 cc carb

How would i clean and rebuild my carb on my 250 cc quad. think thats wat it needs. i think it would be alot better than spending almost 80 bucks on a new one. any help would be appreciated

Old 05-12-2009, 11:18 AM
Pro Rider

What's wrong that you feel it needs to be rebuilt?

At times if they sit along time, dirty gas, or poor air filter carbs need to be taken off and cleaned. Or if the needle and seat are worn out they can be replaced.

There is not much to an ATV carb just take it apart carefully and clean it out. Be careful of the O ring on the float bowl so you can reuse it again.

Old 05-12-2009, 11:42 AM
Trailblazer
Thumbs up

thanks man i just didnt know if it was like a puzzle or something. i dont wanna mess it up but ill give all yur suggestions a try

Old 05-12-2009, 12:24 PM
Pro Rider

I saw your post below. Did you get it to start yet?

Old 05-12-2009, 06:34 PM
Trailblazer

i got it started. i ran it for like a half hour shut it off for an hour to eat and now i cant get it. i am half tempted to burn it now.

Old 05-12-2009, 07:17 PM
Pro Rider

Have you pin pointed the problem?? Spark/fuel/compression??

Old 05-12-2009, 09:06 PM
Trailblazer

i think it fuel but i really know nothing about these things. i took of the air filter, messed with the mixture screw, and even put in starter fluid. im lost its down to compression and fuel

Old 05-12-2009, 09:13 PM
Pro Rider

so it didnt fire with starting fluid? im wondering if you got a bum cdi or something. did you check to see if you got a good spark?

Old 05-12-2009, 09:36 PM
Pro Rider

Make sure it has spark. Just use the Spark plug and lay it against the head and crank it over. It should be sparking on the electrode etc.

After trying to start it pull the plug and see if the plug is wet or dry. If its dry your not getting fuel. Which can be caused by your carb or weak compression.
My old Honda was a hard starter if left sit too long. I could crank and crank it and the plug would be dry but if I gave it a shot of ether or held a rag over the carb inlet it would fire up.

If the above looks ok make sure you have compression, by using a compression tester of some sort. You hold the throttle wide open and crank it over you should have at least 60 psi I would think. Poor compression can be caused by worn cylinder and rings or a broken ring etc. Or valves worn or too "tight" as in not fully closing. Some engines have soft valve seats and need to be adjusted after break in more so than others. Or if it had a crappy air filter and dirts been sucked into the engine it wears the intake valve and cylinder....

Like most no start issues its probably something simple!

Old 05-12-2009, 10:33 PM
Trailblazer

im betting its something simple.i gotta go and get another throttle cable too cuz mine i think is strected and the round tube above the needle has a ding in it which is stopping my lever from going back. its always something.

ok ill look tomarrow i just aint got the energy to mess with it tonight. thanx for the help illkeep you guys informed ill leave message prob around 930 1000 if you guys will be on. and again thanx for the newbie advice. haha

Quick Reply: cleaning and rebuilding a wildfire 250 cc carb