Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

Checked out the BAJA 250 today

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2006, 06:11 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Checked out the BAJA 250 today

I see we now have that Baja utility 250 now at Canadian Tire on sale for $3000. I looked it over and I'd have to say this is bar none the nicest China quad I've looked over to date. 5 speed auto clutch, shaft drive, reverse, racks, hitch, strut suspension, electric start, pull start backup, air box & battery under the seat, etc.

I see now they even have a tag on it that says "change oil before starting" warning not to run it with the shipping oil.

Only thing that I found questionable was the carb as it looked kinda different. I don't know what kind of set up it is.

Does anyone have one yet and if so how does it work??

Old 05-02-2006, 09:34 PM
Pro Rider

You can get the Honda 250 EX for a few hundred more, $3600. I would suggest that. Maybe not in Canada, but anyone in the US that spends that kind of money for a Chiense quad is crazy.

Old 05-02-2006, 10:27 PM
Pro Rider

Well up here you pay over $3000 for a little honda 90 quad! My father bought a standard Honda fourtrax 250 last fall and paid $4700 plus tax! The way our dollar is climbing up in value maybe the prices will come down some.

Maybe you guys can help us with a problem with the new Honda. I posted on the honda board but haven't got any results yet.

Like I said he has this new honda TRX 250 TM he bought for the farm. We've found it sure doesn't seem to shift as slick as my old 1985 TRX 250. This new quad really shifts hard!!! He is always complaining about the trouble he has shifting gears on it. He uses it daily around the farm feeding etc. In the winter with bigger boots on he ends up using his hand to pull the shifter up at times.

Is there an adjustment so it shifts as easy as the old Honda 250??

Also the engine doesn't run near as "smooth" as the old 250 in my quad, I suspect its just he change of design. But otherwise the quad is good, nice suspension and turns much sharper.

Old 05-04-2006, 02:37 PM
Weekend Warrior

After looking at this and kicking the tires, I decided to get one 2999CDN with a 50CDN build charge the CanadianTire store I went to wouldn't sell it to me in the crate, but they put it together and did the initial oil change. (Although going to change the oil again before I head out anyways just to make sure. So once I flipped throught the manuals to find out about parts...

The Bike is made by Jianshe http://www.jianshetrade.com/atv/atvo...&cx=JS250ATV-3 might be the js250atv-3a badged as a Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word .

Looks like the different importers have slightly different taillights/headlights/instrument panel/tires but frames/engines are the same

Listing a few of the other rebadged ones for looking up parts

Afl quads http://www.atvforless.com/LM250.htm has different tires, tail light

http://www.midwestmv.com/quads/NWMlion_specs.html "Jianshe Mountain Lion 250"- storage bars are different

Pepboys have one, not sure if they list any parts or it
http://www.pepboys.com/transportatio...250-u-atv.html

Bunch imported into the UK and Austrilia with the Jianshe(Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word  and Mountain Lion) name just different fender flares/bars/lights depending on importer
http://www.jianshe.co.uk/docs/Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word 250-spec.htm
http://www.zuma.com.au/JiansheSpam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word 250ATV.htm

Many other dealers in other counties

Going to try and get it muddy this weekend will let you know how it works (if I can get out)

Nils

Old 05-04-2006, 05:59 PM
Weekend Warrior

looking around more found this ad

http://asiangear.trustpass.alibaba.c...80414/ATV.html
stating it has a yamaha engine, it does look like the old timberwolf 250 2x4

Old 05-05-2006, 02:09 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: nils
looking around more found this ad

http://asiangear.trustpass.alibaba.c...80414/ATV.html
stating it has a yamaha engine, it does look like the old timberwolf 250 2x4

nils

We have a MFC dealer (good guy running it) up in Edmonton here and last fall I looked over a quad in the camouflage color that looked a lot like the Baja 250. It was only a 200 and had a manual clutch though. I can't remember what type of driveline it had. It did have the same sytle of strut front suspension.

But the Baja a CT is a far better price compared to what they wanted for thiers. But then they are "dealer" and offer full service ( have a licienced mechanic) and parts etc. So of course it can be expected thier going to charge more. Where as with the quads at CT "you" are the service personal! Which for some its no probelm who know this going in and some who are not mechianically inclined its a nightmare!!!!

CT is really putting the presure on a lot of these guys who started selling chinese quads the last couple years. Every 6 months it seems better built stuff with more features is coming into the country. So if you got a container of quads that have been sitting around for a year thats already getting outdated and over priced......ouch!

Let us know how this quad works!!

Old 05-05-2006, 08:14 AM
Trailblazer

Hey Sawyer....I saw that Baja camo 250cc quad come in to our Pepboy's last year and I just fell in love with it....I crawl all over it and notice the excellent quality it had.....its only $ 2,499 here......I was ready to buy it......but then my old 4x4 vehicle went out on me so we had to buy a new 4x4 suv.....did manage to pick up one of those new KC Pitbikes.......which are fun too....has a big bike sound with the high performance exhaust....wish my 90 Baja sounded that cool.

Old 05-05-2006, 07:08 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Sawyer
Well up here you pay over $3000 for a little honda 90 quad! My father bought a standard Honda fourtrax 250 last fall and paid $4700 plus tax! The way our dollar is climbing up in value maybe the prices will come down some.

Maybe you guys can help us with a problem with the new Honda. I posted on the honda board but haven't got any results yet.

Like I said he has this new honda TRX 250 TM he bought for the farm. We've found it sure doesn't seem to shift as slick as my old 1985 TRX 250. This new quad really shifts hard!!! He is always complaining about the trouble he has shifting gears on it. He uses it daily around the farm feeding etc. In the winter with bigger boots on he ends up using his hand to pull the shifter up at times.

Is there an adjustment so it shifts as easy as the old Honda 250??

Also the engine doesn't run near as "smooth" as the old 250 in my quad, I suspect its just he change of design. But otherwise the quad is good, nice suspension and turns much sharper.
The thing about the gear shifting problem is that you need a new clutch plate there pretty cheap my friend has the kawasaki lakota and he just ordered a new clutch plate for it, it will supposivly help but for right now just give it a little gas when you shift it will help it shift easier

Old 05-18-2006, 10:18 PM
Trailblazer

So how did the Canadian Tire 250CC ATV do in the mud? I am thinking of picking one up too and am interested to hear some feedback on them.

Thanks,
Brendin

Old 05-22-2006, 10:08 PM
Weekend Warrior

i bought a wilderness 250 at canadain tire on may 22, the thing works good, i had them assemble it but i checked everything when i got home. good power even when riding double, climbs hills realy good.
so far so good

Quick Reply: Checked out the BAJA 250 today