1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

HOW TO carb adjustment on any Chinese atv. Kazuma, Yamoto, Redcat, Baja, Sunl, etc...

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 07:10 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HOW TO carb adjustment on any Chinese atv. Kazuma, Yamoto, Redcat, Baja, Sunl, etc...

bump

Old 03-17-2007, 02:12 PM
Pro Rider
Default HOW TO carb adjustment on any Chinese atv. Kazuma, Yamoto, Redcat, Baja, Sunl, etc...

that guide is awsome, even after i did it and rode it around it would do something a little different after attempting to adjust it ???how many times i finally got it right this is on a redcat 150 it runs perfect now it would fire and idle right up in subzero temps here in wisconsin, it just takes a bit of messing around but eventually you can get it just right, alot of times its just a quarter turn to make all the difference in the world.

later hoyt

Old 03-17-2007, 04:53 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Thanks Hoyt!

I think the biggest thing people do is too much of an adjustment when actually its more like a hair that need to be done.

Old 03-23-2007, 11:41 PM
Weekend Warrior

I recently purchased the Roketa 200cc 4 stroke quad. I had it running well for the last few weeks, with adjustment to the idle screw. It has recently been getting warmer where I am, and now it won't stay up and going. For example I can start it up no problem. Sometimes I do however need to choke it, but it will idle fairly decent. It has had black smoke come out of it and does have an odd smell as well. The thing is, once it is warmed up and I have been riding it for 15 minutes or so, it will just completely bogg down, I then have to put the choke on in an attempt to get back home or close to it. This happens constantly, and I was wondering if this is due to the engine running to rich and what's the best approach to resolving the issue? I am hesitent to open it up and adjust the needle, etc. If I have to, I will do this, but I don't want to do it unless I get an opinion on the matter.

Old 03-23-2007, 11:43 PM
Weekend Warrior

When I say warm outside temp, it's high 70's to mid 80's.

Old 03-24-2007, 11:10 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Sounds like the plug. Get a new name brand plug. It may also be a little rich but try the plug first.

Old 03-24-2007, 11:59 AM
Weekend Warrior

I'm so retarded. I can not figure this B/S out. I don't kow whether to put a bullet in me or in the machine. Does anyone know of anyone/anybody in Indianapolis area I can take this thing to???? Please help me. Thanks.

Old 03-24-2007, 01:35 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Khealy007
I'm so retarded. I can not figure this B/S out. I don't kow whether to put a bullet in me or in the machine. Does anyone know of anyone/anybody in Indianapolis area I can take this thing to???? Please help me. Thanks.
explain what the quad is doing, so we can help.

hoyt

Old 03-24-2007, 02:28 PM
Weekend Warrior

I've done the carb adjustments the best I can (that freaking mixture screw is hard to get at). Now, I believe there is a kink in the Choke cable. Atleast it looks like there's a slight bend in it (I don't know if that has anything to do with it). I took the air filter off and it looks real restrictive (I don't know how much that has to do with it). Now it's idling really hard and fast and it sounds a little like it's wanting to back fire. If i shut the choke it cuts off. I've called a few quad dealers around here and most of them told me to "F" off. I did find a guy who owns a Polaris delarship just out side of town who said he could squeeze me in in a week or two for $65 an hour. After that, I'm stumped. I've tried to find info on the internet but I'm tired of messing with this thing. I'm thinking of just financing a new quad.

Old 03-24-2007, 03:02 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for the tip, the plug was fine. I did figure out how to get the needle set, but in the end, I found that I got a bunk fuel filter.....go figure. I went ahead and put the needle back to the previous adjustment. Fine tuned everything again and it's running fine now. As frustrating as this gets at times, I am actully learning alot from trial and error. Sometimes the problem is a lot simpler then it really is. Thanks again.

Quick Reply: HOW TO carb adjustment on any Chinese atv. Kazuma, Yamoto, Redcat, Baja, Sunl, etc...