1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

HOW TO carb adjustment on any Chinese atv. Kazuma, Yamoto, Redcat, Baja, Sunl, etc...

Old 06-11-2014, 07:51 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello, for last few days i am trying to adjust the carb as per this thread. I got stuck with my kid's atv i bought from a guy who built it himself. he put 50cc Chinese engine from scooter into the atv.

I cleaned the carb, adjusted as 2manytoys recommends, but still a problem. when releasing a throttle from wide open position the engine dies. if releasing gently, than you may keep it running. and this happens only with load. if you put atv wheels not toching ground, than everything is fine. could this be a problem of adjustment that i am doing wrong or a direct sign that the carb is bad? carb is JK.

Old 09-03-2014, 09:48 PM
Weekend Warrior

My son's 110cc quad seems to be good on the carb (idles fines with both screws adjusted...just had a carb job done on it.

When I first brought the quad back home from having the carb service (jets and all cleaned out...travel a lot and had to have the shop do it), the ATV ran great. But after about 30 mins it started cutting out when my son would hit the accelerator. It has fresh gas, carb flushed, new spark plug, new battery, clean filter, and despite all my efforts in letting it idle an additional 30 mins to see if whatever was going on would work itself through the ATV will still die as soon as it's accelerated...both slow acceleration and fast.

Any ideas?

Old 09-04-2014, 08:16 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Does it have a fuel filter? If it does that's strange.. If not that's the problem..

Does this still have the stock spark plug?

Old 09-04-2014, 12:03 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by mywifesquad
Does it have a fuel filter? If it does that's strange.. If not that's the problem..

Does this still have the stock spark plug?

Got it figured out...was able to do a little more adjustments on the carb mixture outlines on OP, as well as figured out the choke instructions given to me by the previous owner and the ATV show were backwards. I also adjusted the throttle cable adjustment and now it no longer dies out when accelerating all the way to full acceleration.

10-year old son's that I was working on:

Here are the other boys' ATVs as well:

15 Year old's ATV:

6 year old's ATV:

Need to figure out this one....looks like maybe timing might be an issue:

Old 09-16-2014, 11:04 AM
Weekend Warrior

We bought a SunL Hanma R5...110cc quad...it is well used. Seems to have some things missing...I think.
Can someone post a diagram or pic of the fuel lines? I think one is missing. There is no line on the bottom "connection".

Old 09-29-2014, 06:58 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Lisa Wright Campbell
We bought a SunL Hanma R5...110cc quad...it is well used. Seems to have some things missing...I think.
Can someone post a diagram or pic of the fuel lines? I think one is missing. There is no line on the bottom "connection".
The bottom of the carb is a over flow line.. there are one or 2 on the sides of the carb also.. all would use a piece of hose that would drop besides or behind the engine.. depending where your carb is located.

Old 11-05-2014, 06:13 AM
Weekend Warrior

i am in a search of new atv-s and new problems.

yesterday i tried to start completely new atv, 110 cc F-N-R. it started well in N, but with high idle. adjusted the idle. when trying to shift to ether F or R the atv kind of jumps into the respective direction (switching to F- jumps forwar, to R - jumps back) and dies. So i adjusted the idle having the clutch engaged, but in that case if switched to N rpm goes too high. it looks that the clutch is too soft and engages at very low rpm. does it need adjustment by loosing the nut, then counterclockwise to the end and clockwise 1/8 to 1/4?

and when releasing the accelerator the rpm hesitates to go to normal speed. spark plug is of an excellent color.

Old 12-03-2014, 08:43 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gamegodessss
Ok so i fixed the overflow issue so back to the mixture screws. the screw that I didn't have the spring too that I now have a spring on, doesn't have a 1.5 turnout. By the time I turn it out 1 turn (2 half turns) it is loose. If i try to turn it out more than that it feels like its either going to fall out or, if i did get the bike to run, vibrate out.?
So far this bike has done nothing but aggravate the crap out of me, lol, and bajamotorsportsonline sucks donkeys as far as im concerned. Not only do they have absolutely no information whatsoever on this bike but then I email them for info and get no answer. No let me refrase that, i got 1 email back asking me for my vin# and so I sent it to them. that was over 2 weeks ago now and here I sit! I called their online parts store and they cannot order a part without the parts number and God only knows what that is cuz I have searched endlessly and cannot find parts numbers for any part on this bike.! sooo ARGGGGGGGG!! All this for a simple nut. 1 front sprocket nut for a chain driven bike and i might as well be asking for ocean view property in Arizona!
I feel your pain. I have the same quad as I can tell by your carb pics and quad in the background. The screws are unlike my Joyner 250cc buggy that has a similar carb, so trying to figure this out has been a pain.

Old 01-26-2015, 10:25 AM
Weekend Warrior

2manytoys, thanks for taking the time to add to this thread and share some great info about setting up a carb. I have learned a lot from this thread and have my 1984 200ES running better than ever.
Bro

Old 08-12-2015, 08:09 AM
Weekend Warrior

Guys,

My son's 110cc ATV has a PZ19 carb. Starts fine, runs OK, but....

1. Floods to the point that fuel is leaking out of the air filter.

2. ATV stalls if my son comes to an abrupt stop and locks the tires.

I've removed the carb, cleaned and checked everything. Float and needle appear to work perfectly. Float has no fuel in it, so appears to be a sealed unit.

Mixture screw was set to 3/4 turn out from factory. Jets appear to be a 32 and 71. I'm in Toronto Ontario Canada.

Odd thing about the needle.... not notches to adjust. Just one notch only.

I adjusted the idle to roughly 1500 rpm, and then adjusted the mixture screw to 2-1/4 turns. That's where I got the highest RPM. Backed it off 1/8th of a turn then dropped the idle screw down.

Again, starts perfectly, runs well, but still floods the moment it shuts down. I'm thinking either a faulty float needle or poorly adjusted float. The 10 degrees setting, is that measuring the float when the carb is upside down? If so, I'd say it's almost there. If it's measured with the carb right-side up and float dangling, it's way off.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: HOW TO carb adjustment on any Chinese atv. Kazuma, Yamoto, Redcat, Baja, Sunl, etc...