1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

HOW TO carb adjustment on any Chinese atv. Kazuma, Yamoto, Redcat, Baja, Sunl, etc...

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2013, 12:12 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the response junkman. I figured out the problem, the filter i was running was restricting flow to much.

Old 05-27-2013, 02:08 PM
Trailblazer
Default Vbike V3E idles, but not in gear

This is beyond me:

My V3E idles fine. But, when I shift it into drive or reverse the engine stalls.

If I rev the engine and then shift it, (besides the grinding I hear), the engine will run and I can ride it.

And, this condition only exists after the machine has been running for about 20 minutes. That is, I can shift it into gear in the first 20 minutes and it will idle -- though it wants to go forward a little even at idle.

Any help would sure be appreciated.

Thank you,

Joe

Old 06-20-2013, 08:56 AM
Weekend Warrior

hello everyone I'm new to the site and would like to say thank you for the helpful info
on these machines . My wife and I bought a couple supermachs three years ago and have had nothing but grief from the start. They both have a hesitation issue that comes and goes at all speeds . The dealer said he replaced the rev limiters, spark plugs , adjusted carbs but the problem was not fixed , have tried holding in the override switch while throttling but that has not helped . They have been in and out of the shop with very little riding time until the warranty expired. The speedometers have never worked correctly on either of them , they fluctuate all over the place
as your travelling at a constant speed they go from 0 to 50 to whatever.
The fuel float sank , front cv bearing cage cracked , rear brake caliper seized up , head gasket went . These machines have by no means been mistreated , we are not aggressive riders , they are just absolute junk!. Of course the dealership has changed hands and the new owner tells me that there hundreds of these machines out there working just fine ,,,I must just be having some bad luck!.
He suggests changing the cdi to solve the hesitation issues and of course continue to throw parts all over them as they fail. From our experience the price of these Chinese machines are not worth it in the end.
He also tells me that these are a Yamaha knock off and Yamaha parts will fit these machines , so I can build myself a Yamaha on a supermach frame, lol . In the mean time we just bought a new can am commander xt yesterday , at least now when we arrive to go riding with the group they won't have long faces knowing someone will have to tow our junk back to camp for us.
I will never buy anything mechanical built in china again , the quality , reliability and workmanship is cheaper than the price.

Old 07-15-2013, 09:47 AM
Weekend Warrior

This is great information. Thank you for your help.

I have a question on a Kazuma 500. I can not change gears while the ATV is on. I have to kill the engine and then change gears. Any thoughts on what might be wrong?

Old 11-30-2013, 11:43 AM
Weekend Warrior
Exclamation 250cc gio atv

hey i recently cleaned my carb with some spray cleaner cause my carb was a little dirty and boggish. it sounds clean now tooo clean i shift into first gear and let go of the throttle and the atv drives on its own i have to hold the clutch to slow down i thot it was the idle being to high but i turned it down as much as possible before it stalled and it stell had a high idle when i switched to 1st. i think its the throttle but i couldnt find a proper video showing me how to adjust it. can anyone send a video or try and explane it please

Old 11-30-2013, 11:53 AM
Weekend Warrior

i had that stalling problem to then i cleaned the ccarb now when i switch into 1st the atv drives on its own i have to use the clutch to slow down

Old 01-30-2014, 06:18 PM
Trailblazer
Default redcat 110 idle and mixture adjustment screws

Can anyone show me which adjustment screws are which? I gave up on my carb, bought a new one and had the same problem. Fuel pouring out the front of the carb. Pulled the bottom off and bent the float lever and fixed that problem...hopefully. It starts, but will not run right. I cant adjust it until i know which screws are which. Thank you!

Last edited by firemedicsafd; 01-30-2014 at 06:22 PM. Reason: more info for diagnostics
Old 01-30-2014, 06:24 PM
Range Rover

Originally Posted by firemedicsafd
Can anyone show me which adjustment screws are which? I gave up on my carb, bought a new one and had the same problem. Fuel pouring out the front of the carb. I cant adjust it until i know which screw is which. Thank you!
That won't solve your problem. Your problem lies with the float and float needle valve not seating and sealing properly to shut the fuel off when the carburetor is full.

If you want a good explanation visit these links to understand your carburetor

Basic carburetor disassembly and diagnosis - Motorcycle How to and Repair

How to: Idle mixture screw adjustment - Motorcycle How to and Repair

Old 01-31-2014, 08:40 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Kazuma falcon 110

Ok probably pretty simple, I read through 20 pages but I'm having a rough day so I'm just going to ask.

I bought the 110cc falcon used. It was ridden 3 times in a few years. When I got it it was running. Only in first gear though, it would big down in 2nd or 3rd.

I pulled the carb cleaned it up real good and put it back on.

Now it won't start unless I put a bit of fuel right into carb through butterfly.

So obviously the carb isn't getting fuel (yes fuel lines are on)

First/obvious guess would be that I put float in wrong?

I didn't have a chance to pull it back off as I lost light outside but my question is could the throttle cable be causing any issue? I just unscrewed it and screwed it right back in.

Also it might be coincidental but just to the right of the manual choke there is a tiny hole. It might be in my head but I think the bike would only start if I put my thumb over that hole (as well as put fuel in carb)

Old 02-01-2014, 01:37 PM
Weekend Warrior

Can you not delete posts? At any rate it runs great now....but the caliper is frozen

Quick Reply: HOW TO carb adjustment on any Chinese atv. Kazuma, Yamoto, Redcat, Baja, Sunl, etc...