1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

HOW TO carb adjustment on any Chinese atv. Kazuma, Yamoto, Redcat, Baja, Sunl, etc...

Old 01-04-2006, 10:49 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default HOW TO carb adjustment on any Chinese atv. Kazuma, Yamoto, Redcat, Baja, Sunl, etc...

Well as for the name my wife gave it to me. I am a mechanic for Toyota and at one time I had 4 Toyota trucks that I play with off road. Then with the boat, atv's, rc cars etc.. my wife said I have 2 many toys. So thats where the name is from.

Old 01-04-2006, 11:19 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts
Default HOW TO carb adjustment on any Chinese atv. Kazuma, Yamoto, Redcat, Baja, Sunl, etc...

Originally posted by: 2manytoys
Well as for the name my wife gave it to me. I am a mechanic for Toyota and at one time I had 4 Toyota trucks that I play with off road. Then with the boat, atv's, rc cars etc.. my wife said I have 2 many toys. So thats where the name is from.
I still dont think you can have to many. Not enough room maybe........................... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-16-2006, 10:02 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i'm slowly but surely learning.....

the kids' kazuma falcon 110 was having trouble idling....stalling, running real slow, etc.

i tried the carb adjustment outlined here (very helpful, btw), but still didn't fix the issue. so, i drained the gas and refilled with fresh and replaced the spark plug, all to no avail.

then my 11 yr old reminded me that we need three things for the engine to run, fuel, spark...and AIR. checked the air filter and of course, it was frozen, and i then remembered my son making HUGE splashes when riding through streams on our land!!!!!

Old 02-16-2006, 06:14 PM
Weekend Warrior

OK I need some help from Manny and Others,

On my sons's Kazuma 50, he was running rich /poor power and after the above carb adjustment it was still a tad rich (I could see the fumes in the garage). Also it would cut out if the throttle was snapped open.

I did a valve adjustment as per the directions of John at Raceway. That was the easy part. I went back to the carb and adjusted as per 2manys tips. Now the idle is good and the quad feels like its power is back but its still rich and it still cuts out when snapping the throttle. It does however run great when you ease into it.

Old 02-16-2006, 11:15 PM
Pro Rider

2manytoys,
Just want you to know you are the most helpful and insightful person on these forum. Thanks for the advice and help. SEADAWG

Old 03-03-2006, 09:24 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Seadawg,

Thanks. I try to help as much as I can. I may not always be right but in most cases I am in the ball park. When I get something I like to examin it, take it apart to see how it works, how it is put together and how I could make it better. I may not be able to translate all my findings here for most to understand so I try to keep it simple. I think of this as a hobby. I have not been around lately because I have a new toy for myself but I try to check in and see whats new. If anyone needs help at this point I think there is enough information on this site to help anyone in need but to anyone that needs a more direct answer dont be afraid to PM me. I do check my PM's every day. Again thanks seadawg.

The following users liked this post:
Speedy59 (07-28-2020)
Old 12-13-2006, 01:13 PM
Range Rover
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bump (as a lot of people are getting these for the first time and need the info).

Old 12-13-2006, 02:36 PM
Trailblazer

Ahhh....I get it....the Bump is to bring the topic back to the top of the forum..... good show.

-d3

Well done on the write up; 2MT. You, Hoyt, smb and the dawg need to move to Texas, and we can hang out together and fix stuff.

Old 12-13-2006, 03:15 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 2or4wheels
Ahhh....I get it....the Bump is to bring the topic back to the top of the forum..... good show.

-d3

Well done on the write up; 2MT. You, Hoyt, smb and the dawg need to move to Texas, and we can hang out together and fix stuff.
u should move to wisconsin , to hot in texas, i love wisconsin weather, hunting fishing lake michigan and ice fishing, its amazing what you can learn from these guys here if you read enough and have a little wrenching ability and some tools of course, sometimes i actually like to work on these quads, gives me something else to do.

Old 12-13-2006, 05:18 PM
Trailblazer

Wisconsin? No Thank You. I was there once, it was nice enough....

It's 70 degrees here, sunny and clear, how about there? More importantly>>>>>TX has 500,000 acres of prime riding spots!!!!
We ride (and play golf) all year...but thanks for the offer!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

-d3

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: HOW TO carb adjustment on any Chinese atv. Kazuma, Yamoto, Redcat, Baja, Sunl, etc...