1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

HOW TO carb adjustment on any Chinese atv. Kazuma, Yamoto, Redcat, Baja, Sunl, etc...

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 07:32 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default HOW TO carb adjustment on any Chinese atv. Kazuma, Yamoto, Redcat, Baja, Sunl, etc...

Some details have been revised to help aid in other issues that happens with the carb. Also some oil recommendations.

Old 03-26-2007, 07:37 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HOW TO carb adjustment on any Chinese atv. Kazuma, Yamoto, Redcat, Baja, Sunl, etc...

I was wondering if anyone knows where I can get some better tools to adjust the mixture screw on the carburetor. I don't have anything that will reach it and my hands are too big. Any ideas? Also, is it a good idea to put synthetic oil in these things?

Old 03-26-2007, 07:44 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

You can use synthetics as long as its made for 4 stroke/motorcycle engines. These will be classified as JASO MA certified. Regular automotive oil is not JASO MA certified. You can also use Diesel oil like Rotella T 15w40.

Old 03-27-2007, 07:03 PM
Weekend Warrior

Well fellas I finally got to take that sum biatch out for a sping today. I ran it for about 45 minutes around my neighborhood. It did quite well. It isn't as powerful as I would like but it can carry my big ***[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Thanks again for being so patient and walking me through those carburetor adjustment steps. I feel a sense of pride, like most men feel after they do manly things. I've been spending too much time doing stuff with my wife.

THANKS AGAIN I SERIOUSLY DO HAVE A SENSE OF ACCOMPLISHMENT!!!!!

Also, I was wondering if anyone knows where I can get some flex tools, or something that will fit in those tight places a little better than my chubby knuckles whith a plier. My wife's hands fit but she's too weak. If you have any suggestions let me know.

Old 03-27-2007, 07:32 PM
Pro Rider

glad to hear you got it, if you have any other problems let us know werehear to help,god knows i need help.

as far as the tools, check auto parts stores they have specialty tools and i think i saw someone on here say they found a tool like you need made by snap on tools, tomanytoys will know were to get that too probably.

good luck

hoyt

Old 03-29-2007, 01:39 AM
Range Rover

just moving it to the top, great writeup.

Old 04-01-2007, 10:16 AM
Pro Rider

bump

Old 04-11-2007, 10:11 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Bump!

Old 04-11-2007, 10:36 AM
Never make a decision before you have to, always have a Plan B, and don't tell me it's not possible!

Does anyone know how to boost the power on an '06 Arctic Cat DVX50, with carb mods?

I already took the variator restrictor off, and I am trying (unsuccessfully) to figure out how to mod the CDI box (for high end speed, since there seems to be an electronic rev limiter on it), but I also thought I could mod the barb to enhance low end power as well.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated. The carb is a Keihin PTE.

Old 04-17-2007, 11:32 PM
Weekend Warrior

bump

Quick Reply: HOW TO carb adjustment on any Chinese atv. Kazuma, Yamoto, Redcat, Baja, Sunl, etc...