Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

Jet Moto Need Non-Bias Opinions

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 09:40 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jet Moto Need Non-Bias Opinions

I am looking to purchase a Jet Moto 150 from a local dealer in Holly Springs, NC. The asking price is $1349 assembled. The fact that the Jet Moto office is in San Francisco influenced me to this brand. It looks they care somewhat about customer satisfaction, stand behind they're product and are always trying to improve...they remind of the first Kymco ATV's that came ashore. My questions are:

Is that a good price or does raceway or some other place have a better deal? I don't mind putting together myself if I can save $500

How well with this thing hold up to a 41 year old trail rider? No major stunts...might catch a little air here and there, do some hill climbs and ford some mud puddles. Nothing extreme.

Thx,
Axl

Old 03-02-2009, 10:38 AM
Trailblazer

Not speaking from personal experience- but I have been diligently researching Chinx ATVs over the last month, and the consensus seems to be (from people with actual experience of several brands) that while the Jetmoto is good....Vbike is better. They say the Vbikes in the same size, have significantly more power, and that the difference in the suspension is like night and day. I see far less complaints about the Vbike also.

Parts for Vbike are redily available, and the guy Tim who sells them through Vbile.us stands behind them.

I'd go with a Vbike (In fact I have gone with one! My 250 should be arriving tomorrow).

While you may well be satisfied with a Jet- considering that the same class Vbike would be cheaper (free shipping, too!) and more powerful, with a better suspension, and seemingly of a little higher quality, you might want to look i9nto one:

http://www.vbike.us/index.php

They offer a very large selection of ATV, too- and you can call the importer/dealer(Tim) and ask him questions- very nice guy.

Old 03-02-2009, 11:47 AM
Trailblazer

I don't know about jet's bigger bikes, but their kids quads are decent little bikes. I picked up one from the paying vendor on this board and it's a good little bike. For the adult rider, I've also read that the Vbike might be a better option, but the 250+cc jets do look interesting. However, for the new price of some of the bigger bikes, you can easily pick up a gently used 300EX in this area.

Old 03-02-2009, 12:34 PM
Weekend Warrior

So anymore thoughts on Jet Moto Vs. Vbike?

I will take a look at the Vbikes

Old 03-02-2009, 01:42 PM
Trailblazer

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: axl_rose

So anymore thoughts on Jet Moto Vs. Vbike?

I will take a look at the Vbikes</end quote></div>

Give it a little while- I do believe there are a few people right on this forum who own/have owned both brands- they can give you the best info.

Old 03-02-2009, 06:44 PM
Pro Rider

Take a look at my site, I have two 07 150's. They are fun little atv's But for about the same price for a 40year old the Vbike 250 may be a better atv.
My Jetmoto Site

http://www.vbike.us/multidata/...82544181858.jpg<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.vbike.us/multidata/20071212182544181858.jpg<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.vbike.us/multidata/20071212182544181858.jpg">Text</a>">Text</a>

Old 03-02-2009, 08:35 PM
Pro Rider

I do want to say I have to disagree with Kentucky, I think the Jets and the V's are built with the same low quality parts that most Chinese atv's are built with. I think they both have their good and their bad points but over all they are not too far different. The motors are the same so power wise they will be the same, now the V 250v4 is geared lower then the jet which is a good thing and will perform better at climbing and lower speeds! Jet has engineered a better design for a rear swing arm on both the 150 and the 250's that are closer to what you would see on a big 4 with a Dogbone shock mount under the swing arm which is for a better more stable ride but again are of cheap quality parts and materials.
If you're really set on a 150 I think the V's Utility sits higher and are a cross between a sports and a utility where the Jet is a sport. I have had fun on my 150's but much prefer to ride the 250's with the high stance, better suspension and manual trans. The 150's will climb just about anything you can point it towards. They are pretty amazing power plants. The Jet 150's are great size and power/speed for kids around 9-15. I bought a 150 with my wife in mind and she now always prefers to ride the 250's!
All just my opinion!

Old 03-02-2009, 09:13 PM
Trailblazer

Nice site, Outofline!!

I like the chain tensioner on your Jet- wonder if the Vbike has the same???

I think you are right though- they are all a hodgepodge of the same low to medium-quality parts. It just seems to me, that the V's seem to use a nice combination of those parts. (Not that the jets don't though- as you point out. I think if V's didn't exist, I would have definitely gone with a Jet over any of the other Chinx. I guess Hi-Bird and Roketa are next in line, and i don't care much for what I've seen of them)

Your Jets certainly do look nice!! I think your 250 has the same tires that come with the v4sw- except they look nobbier. Maybe the fact that they don't look nobby enough on the Vbike site and in Uni's pics just has to do with the lighting?..... If they're like yours, I will be happy!

Old 03-02-2009, 09:16 PM
Trailblazer

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: KentuckyDonkey

they don't look nobby enough on the Vbike site and in Uni's pics just has to do with the lighting?..... If they're like yours, I will be happy!</end quote></div>

Oooppss! I think "Uni" is on another forum- you probably have no idea of what I'm talking about. I thinmk Oldtimers[sic] is setting in!

Old 03-02-2009, 11:58 PM
Pro Rider

i would have to agree with outofline i really like my jet as well has held up just fine with only small problems. The San Fran office is great help and have available parts and are very knowledgeable.

Quick Reply: Jet Moto Need Non-Bias Opinions