Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

Kazuma Redcat Meercat 50 Review

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2005, 08:20 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kazuma Redcat Meercat 50 Review

We bought through Raceway and we never got a single manual with ours? My mother in law called and they were sposed to send them but still waiting? I could really use them too cuz it wont start and only has about an hour ride time on it.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 06-25-2005, 09:36 PM
Weekend Warrior

June 1st. I bought a 50cc atv (Yamoto) for my 6 year old son. It was a great little atv for a few days. It srarted to bog down a little when the throttle was increased about 15 minutes later it would not run at all.

June 19. The intake manifold broke.

June 21 I called the dealer (Indiana Motor Sports). He said this had happened once before. He also said the Redcat and Kazuma were the same as mine. He said he would check stock and to call him the next day. He said by Friday for sure he would have one.

June 22 Called, both numbers, left message NO ANSWER
June 23 Called, both numbers NO ANSWER
June 24 Called, both numbers, left message NO ANSWER
June 25 Called, both numbers NO ANSWER.......Ordered one from eBay (Just in case)

My son really loves it, I hope I dont have any other problems.

Old 06-25-2005, 09:46 PM
Pro Rider

Kaydor, Am I reading your post correctly?? You have a Yamoto 50 and your dealer said a Kazuma 50 is the same intake tube??
Kazuma Raceway ATV

Old 06-27-2005, 08:29 PM
Weekend Warrior

The ATV I purchased does have a headlight and after looking at the pictures it looks like it is a Kazuma 50. The dealer told me they all used the same intake tube. He did say a Redcat would work.

UPDATE:
June 22 Called, both numbers, left message NO ANSWER
June 23 Called, both numbers NO ANSWER
June 24 Called, both numbers, left message NO ANSWER
June 25 Called, both numbers NO ANSWER.......Ordered one from eBay (Just in case)
June 26 Called, both numbers, no answer on the cell and the toll free line was out of order.
June 27 Called, both numbers, default message on the cell and the toll free line was out of order.

I hope the eBay part fits.....the pic looks the same.

Old 06-27-2005, 09:35 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Thats too bad that the fly by night dealers give these quads such a bad name. Service and parts needs to be number one priority with these and seems like most people are out for a buck then run. I cant stress enough and I wish I could get the word out but Raceway is pretty much the only place that anyone can go to for help and parts on most of these quads. John tries to put the good name back into these but with only one John there are too many fly by nights that bring him back down. This hurts his business in a sense but as long as people come here with thier problems maybe Raceway can get thier name out more. These are really decent atv's and for the price you cant expect them to not have problems but we need the support like Raceway to resolve problems and unfortunately Raceway gets way more problems then they need because of these other so called dealers. I think John at Raceway really believes in these atv's or he would just say the he!! with all this crap and not sell or help anymore. Hopefully it does not come to that. Im sure he cringes everytime the phone rings and thinks he got another so called dealers problem, but I guess if it gets his name out it may be worth it in the long run and if these atv's improve he will be the main seller on the net and wont have to worry about other dealers problems anymore.

Old 11-16-2005, 02:37 PM
Weekend Warrior

We love our 2 kazuma 50cc. My twins ride daily. We have had for 6 months

Old 11-16-2005, 03:24 PM
Trailblazer

Great original post. I have to agree, that these things can use a little wrenching from time to time, but they are good quads for the money. We've had ours for almost a year now. Yeah, I have had a few issues here and there, with the most recent being that it wouldn't start when cold. I got pretty frustrated with the quad, bought a new carb, and spent quite a bit of time on it. When it turned out to be the valves needing adjustment. (Just like the manual says) After adjusting the valves, she runs like a top again. These things provide lots of fun for the kids and are great bang for the buck. I just can't see spending 3 times the money on a "name brand" quad when they will be outgrown in a few years, or you end up putting them on a larger quad that they are not ready for. From just looking at these bikes, you would think they were just for riding around the yard, but my 5 year old can follow me on moderate trails through the woods with ease. Check out my gallery pics under JD4020 to see him muddin with it.

I did not purchase from Raceway, but have asked them for service advise and John has provided lots of insight and information, and I would recommend buying from them in the future.

2 friends also have the Kazuma 50's and have had no problems.

Jon

Old 11-23-2005, 06:48 PM
Pro Rider

we brought 2 kazuma 50 last oct 04 for our grandsons , so we had these atv's for a year now, the only problems we had so far is that one flip once and broke the intake manifold, otherwise they are pretty much bullet proof, our grandkids ride the heck out of them. keep the valve's adjusted and the oil changed , oh one more thing we had to unplug the handlebar kill switch,they short out ater getting wet, and these kids haven't seen a puddle they didn't like. they had so much mud on them you couldn't tell the kid from the atv, but they kept running, we are very please with them,

bill

Old 12-27-2005, 01:35 PM
Weekend Warrior

Ok boys.

The Kazuma / Redcat / Meercat / Stannic / Import Group / slash, slash, slash....is made in CHINA...say it with me now...C-H-I-N-A. At 50 years old i've ridden and worked on quite a few motorcycles. As a teenager back in the 70's I assembled motorcycles for my local Honda/Suzuki dealership. The Quality of these little Chinese cycles doesn't even come close to the early 70's Suzuki's. And Suzuki's fit and finish was not even close to that of the Honda's of that period.

The little Chinese 50cc motor is a fair replica of the Honda Z50 motor built back in the late 60's, but the quaility of materials used for such things as the "intake manifold" is very poor. I have a 1970 Honda Z50 that is built better. And that was 35 years ago...It still runs.

The wife just bought one of these for our 7 year old Daughter from a guy on Ebay. (yikes, what a fight we had.) $400 in the crate and picked up at a warehouse 15 minutes from our house. If you are so inclined, you can become a dealer and pay around $299 ea.

So i take this thing out of it's crude crating and begin to set things up. Air in the tires...left front won't hold air. Drain engine assembly oil and fill with GTX. Check rear brake adjustment...replace funky pedal adjustment bolt with longer stainless variety. Pop off seat and rear fender assy...all 8mm bolts are stripped from factory...no captive nuts here. Just stipped into stamped holes in the frame. Most of the bike is just like this. With 6mm and 8mm taps in hand, I replace all the bolts on this quad with new. Adjust carb air screw..1-1/2 turns out...and notice a familiar "K" logo on the side of the carb with the words "Standard for Japan". This ain't no Keihin Carb! Funny. Oh yeah...Rotary shift...what in the hell were they thinking?

Christmas Day. Corner lot down from the house. 30 minutes. Intake manifold cracks in half. Quad stops. 7 year old not happy. Dad pissed.

Quad for sale $400.

Old 12-27-2005, 05:14 PM
Trailblazer

I'll tell you right now. I did not get mine from raceway atv but here in california.
The Meerkat is just fine. Its just like any other ATV you need to take care of it.
You need to check the oil, you need to remove the garbage oil they ship with
just like it says in the manual.

First and foremost you must keep big people off of these meerkats.
I guarantee if someone too big rides it it will sheer the intake manifold.
Does that mean its a bad product? NO it means someone didnt follow the directions.

I own a 12,000 quad and 4 kids atvs. You need to take care of them period.

badvox

Quick Reply: Kazuma Redcat Meercat 50 Review