3) General Discussions.. No problems but would like to discuss your Chinese quad experiences post in here.. You can also post in here why you hate your Chinese quad..

I Hate This China Crap Quad

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2014, 09:52 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I Hate This China Crap Quad

So round two with trying to figure this out. I gave up last year. I bought a mountopz / coolster 125cc atv semi auto with reverse and remote kill. NEW in 2013. it has run for a TOTAL of 25 min. I have replaced: CDI, COIL, STATOR, KILLSWITCH, and spark plug. still no spark. it is currently sitting at the wholesale motorsports store it was bought at for the last MONTH with them replacing everything and trying everything they know and still cannot get spark. haven't gotten the bill for this yet but you can be damn sure at $80/hr it will be more than the original cost of the POS. Does anyone have any ideas? I am all out. I just want it to run long enough I can dump it on someone to recoup some of my losses and buy a name brand that will RUN. anyone want this POS?

Old 07-10-2014, 10:01 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

At $80 an hour, you've paid more than it's worth with half a days work.

If that's the place you bought it from and they know how much trouble it's been, I would hope they would step up and cover it.

My advice would be to stop throwing money at it. Now. Not even if they think they might have it running.

A name brand will cost more, initially, but it will run and reliably.

Look for a used one and you'll save even more money.

Old 07-10-2014, 03:08 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

sorry to hear that it is giving you that much trouble. i've never had that much go wrong with the different ones i've owned/repaired. sounds like a basketcase, if i was you on this one, i'd tell the dealer that you're gonna invoke your state's lemon law on that quad.

Old 07-10-2014, 04:09 PM
Weekend Warrior

Michigan does not have a lemon law contrariety to popular belief, I tried to evoke that on my 2006 cobalt with 43k miles on it. it only has that many miles because it has spent more time in the shop than on the road. contacted lawyers and all, it is only in "good faith" on the part of a dealer to do ANYTHING in regards to a lemon.

I think i am just going to demand they give me the quad back without paying them since they can seem to figure out what is wrong with it and dump it as is on craigslist.

Old 07-10-2014, 04:22 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow, I spent only $800.00 used(each) on both a TRX 90 and a Predator 90. The front brake cable on the Honda had stiffened up a bit, and I was able to free it up with a little cleaning and cable lube. Works great the past 8 years now. The Polaris e start doesn't work, but we just kick start it. I did have to clean the carb about 10 minutes into the initial ride as the pilot clogged with crud. Put a fuel filter inline after cleaning the carb and it has run well since. Neither are particularly good looking, but I don't worry to much when the kids ding them up either. Quality kids' quads are out there for a decent price and when you add in the wrench time (and mental health benefits of having a machine that is reliable) are often a much better deal long term.

Good luck with your machine. At $80.00/hour I would expect some competence in diagnosing and fixing their product...

Old 07-10-2014, 10:02 PM
Weekend Warrior

talked to them today and i got an update. they are sure it is a wire grounding in the wire harness somewhere. told me that they are not charging me for any parts they swapped since they were not bad. and as of yet they are only charging me for 2 hours of labor.

Old 07-11-2014, 06:35 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

wow, a short in the wiring harness shouldn't take too long with a good voltmeter/ohm meter.

Old 07-11-2014, 07:25 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

Good to hear they're not raking you over the coals on charges.

Old 07-11-2014, 07:38 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

A used name brand is a much better deal then a new Chinese ATV.

Old 07-15-2014, 08:47 AM
Weekend Warrior

still can't find where the harness is grounding out. has told me now that to keep from racking up labor charges because he feels bad he can't figure it out he is just going to hang on to it and work on it off the clock. who knows when i will get it back. anyone what to buy a atv cheap?

Quick Reply: I Hate This China Crap Quad