1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

Tao Tao 125-G

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2014, 10:45 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tao Tao 125-G

We have a 125-G and it looses power in third gear heading towards top speed. I have installed a new Carb (super easy) and seemed better for a little bit not it is losing power again. Any ideas? Adjustments that can be checked or made? Appreciate the help.

Old 06-30-2014, 06:13 PM
Weekend Warrior

2 things i ran into, one tried a new brand named spark plug which helped with one bike I had. second an easy adjust meant to try is raise the main jet one notch and try that if better but still not right raise it another but remember where it was so that you can always return it back if no difference.

Old 06-30-2014, 06:52 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Tao Tao 125-G

Originally Posted by edward3581
2 things i ran into, one tried a new brand named spark plug which helped with one bike I had. second an easy adjust meant to try is raise the main jet one notch and try that if better but still not right raise it another but remember where it was so that you can always return it back if no difference.
How do I raise the main jet "one notch"?

Old 07-01-2014, 12:34 PM
Weekend Warrior

ok remove the throttle slide out of the carb, remove the throttle cable. now that you have the slide in your hand the needle at the end is what you will be raising. look down the cylinder you will see a w shaped spring. with small needle nose pliers or what ever you have to remove it but watch it doesn't fly away. with the spring out of the way remove the needle there should be an e clip attached in one of 5 or 6 groves. note where it is before removing it and than move down one notch than reassemble and give it a try. remember lowering the e clip raises the jet out of the carb which will give more gas at higher rpm's.
hope that helped