1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

Please, please help me.

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2014, 08:43 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Please, please help me.

I JUST got home with my BRAND NEW 2013 TaoTao 250d Sport Utility. I got it off the trailer and wouldn't you know... Nothing happens. The battery is brand new and has voltage.. I also tried jumping from my truck.. When I turn the ignition key while the ATV is in neutral, no lights illuminate. I have the clutch pulled, the ignition switch on, the fuse from the batter in place, the kill switch turned to run.. I immediately regret this decision. Please help me. I couldn't even drive my BRAND NEW ATV when I got back to the farm on the day I got it.. I'm so frustrated.. Any suggestions?? Thank you.

Old 04-26-2014, 03:32 AM
Trailblazer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Disconnect the battery and check if all your connections are how they should be with an Ohm meter.
The ignition key lock was pretty much the first thing that broke on my ATV, so that's something you might want to check.

Old 04-26-2014, 05:02 AM
Weekend Warrior

Can't bring it back to the dealer?

Old 04-26-2014, 09:23 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Does it have a brake as a safety switch as well? Also are you sure you have the kill switch in the on position? The one on mine has 2 positions for off and you actually have to push it in to turn it on.. If it ran at the dealer then the only thing it could also be is just a loose wire some ware from the ride home.

Old 04-26-2014, 10:04 AM
Weekend Warrior

Yes, it does have a brake switch. That is applied. At the dealership when we turned the ignition key it illuminated the neutral light. I haven't even made it to the point of trying to start it... I had the battery on a 1.5amp trickle charger last night and the battery is fully charged. There are no loose wires anywhere and all connections are made between the male/female connectors.

Old 04-26-2014, 05:19 PM
Weekend Warrior

After a couple hours of hooking and unhooking every connection, tracing wires, changing fuses, and testing the ignition switch continuity I finally got power to the 4 wheeler. The lights illuminated on the 4 wheeler and I was able to crank it with no issues. I took it for a quick spin and shut it off. Then, again, I was dead in the water. Lights won't come on, no power to crank. I followed the same procedure to no avail.. Any suggestions there??