1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

110 quad losing power

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2013, 07:13 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 110 quad losing power

Hi All
I am new to this site and need some friendly advice from someone who knows about these types of quads,have recently bought this quad for my son as a christmas present and when we took it out for a run i noticed that the quad struggled at high revs as if the clutch was slipping or something along them lines.
I have tried various motorcycle repair places around my area and i cannot find anyone who would be willing to take a look at it, mainly because they say parts are hard to come by, i have no idea what the make of the quad is but by reading most of the threads on here i suspect it will be a chinese import.
Has anyone had this same issue? and if so what was the problem? does anyone know of someone around the South Yorkshire area who would be willing to have a look at it with a view to repairing?
I would take this to bits myself if i knew what i was doing but the last thing i want is to make it worse and to be honest i don't even know what i am looking for.
if i drop the gears down and accelerate gently then the quad will move but as soon as i put on more revs the engine tries and sounds ok but the quad will not go any faster and once on an incline will really struggle, thus having to drop down to 1st for it to move.
I would really like to have this repaired and would appreciate any help and advise on this, seams such a shame to lose the money i have paid for this and for my son not to get the most out of it.
Please Help

Thanks
Paul

Old 12-16-2013, 09:53 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Im assuming this is with you riding it. they were never mean for us adults on them. I have a auto 110 and with a adult on it its pretty much useless on any hills or rough terrain.. with the little one on it the thing has no issues. Also how tight is the clutch lever? their should be some slight play in the lever. To tight and it can cause the clutch not to engage fully. Make sure all the tires are spinning freely no bad bearings or anything. I also run a shot of yamalube carb cleaner/conditioner in my fuel. put a little in when filling up my can and use it in all the quads just to help clean any crap that may be in their

Old 12-16-2013, 10:00 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the quick reply, I have tweaked the nut on right side of the quad, the one with the flat head screw in the middle.
It seams much better at moment but will know more when I take the lad on it this weekend, forgot to mention that this quad was in used but good condition.
Just noticed it also needs a new front steering arm the ones with ball joint that attaches to wheel, any idea where I can obtain one?
Thanks