1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

kazuma 200 cc wont start

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2013, 01:59 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default kazuma 200 cc wont start

i have a 200cc kazuma engine on god knows what frame. it is a 4 speed manual with reverse. i purchased this atv for 400 dollars so i could have my own atv to ride with my lil boys. the atv has a very low position for the air filter and we tend to hit muddy trails from time to time so i modified it with a diy snorkel kit(pvc pipe and new radiator hose of the same diameter. well the first run out it would pop and sputter so i removed the snorkel kit on the grounds of air restriction. it ran excellent but hit a patch of heavy rain on the way back and didnt have my filter on. the atv never showed signs of problem. now when i try to start it (same day) it refuses. it will crank but wont turn over. please help yall are masters at this (i know this because yall have taught how to rebuild heads, test circuits, and so much more.thank yall in advance

Old 08-16-2013, 04:58 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

did you test for spark? if you got spark, i'm thinking you got a fuel issue now. so, crank the starter, while cranking, spray a SMALL conservative squirt of ether/starting fluid into the intake of the carb and see if she fires up and runs, if it runs on ether, then take your carb apart and clean the jets and needle valve/seat. please always use an air filter when running an engine. you don't do that to your car or truck do you?