1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

KL 250 (Zongshen 250) needs wiringdiagram..Lynn!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2013, 04:25 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KL 250 (Zongshen 250) needs wiringdiagram..Lynn!!!!!

Here is wiringdiagram for Zongshen but would be needing this diagram without lights,speedo and tachometer. Only necessary wiring for starting and driving it. no nothing extras.. I`m not good with reading these but if you can draw me simple version from this Name:  Zongshen250kytkentaumlkaavio.jpg
Views: 33175
Size:  85.4 KB

Old 12-03-2019, 04:40 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default ZongShen Wiring Diagram

I was having same issues and could not find a good harness and diagram. I rebuilt mine and here is the writeup. Hoe it helps others!
https://macstips.blogspot.com/2019/1...atv-250cc.html

tim

Old 12-05-2019, 04:44 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 301 Likes on 295 Posts

I have traced the positive wires in red and the neg in dark green. The coloured wires are all you need to make it go, but regulator wires need connecting to charge the battery. the pink can be earthed to jump the clutch lock-out.

Old 04-25-2022, 04:37 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hope I can get some help

Hey Tim, Not sure how much you check in here so I'm hoping this gets to you. Your blog post helped a bunch but I still have some questions. Mine is a Zongshen 250cc "Eagle" and of course, nothing quite matches. I purchased a harness and component kit from Otohans (likely just a re-seller. I've attached pictures of my two biggest quandaries. The first is not understanding what the extra wires are and where they go on the ATV. I've marked them on the diagram with question marks. The second picture is a component I have no idea what it is. It's got the horn attached to it and I wont be reinstalling that. What the heck the box is is a mystery to me. Any help is appreciated. I have set things oin the forum so that I might get replies to my email but just in case, it's lazrslong@comcast.net. Thanks in advance,
Leo

The following users liked this post:
Tim Macklenar (04-30-2022)
Old 04-26-2022, 07:47 AM
Weekend Warrior

Hey Tim, I hope you see this. as so many forums go unchecked for years. This thread is exactly what I'm looking at. I've looked at your blogspot post and your pictures have helped a lot. I have labeled as many of the connectors as I can on the new harness I purchased (looks identical to the one you worked with. I have extra wires and a few I'm unsure of. I've attached pictures. The first is what I could figure out vs my questions. Ive circled the known and checked them off, used a question mark and arrows to the ones I dont know. The second picture is a box I'm clueless about. The horn seems to pass through it's circuitry as it's attached. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance, Leo

Old 04-30-2022, 10:01 AM
Weekend Warrior

The extra single wires might be for blinkers. The yellow /black to the back is the same color as break light. Ohm that out. if they are connected - it is probably for the foot break switch if you have one.

I have a square black like your pick up under my seat. I think that is the controller box but can't say for sure.

hope that helps.

Old 05-01-2022, 03:59 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 301 Likes on 295 Posts

My guess is the black box is an alarm. I hate those wiring diagrams like the one Lazrslong put up. Doubt if that black marked chassis ground? will be, as green seems to be earth on the rest of the loom.

Old 05-03-2022, 12:38 PM
Weekend Warrior

Here are some pics of my old wire harness - maybe that will help some folks. I kept it for spare parts just in case and found it in the workbench drawer this weekend.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Vqg56jXtzgXLW6c47

https://photos.app.goo.gl/P2xzNuzz8htPrVRm6

Old 05-04-2022, 07:31 AM
Weekend Warrior

Tim, the close up one seems to be the connector to the stator. I'm good there I think. Still unsure what that black wire would be if not to ground. Just so we're all on the same page. The ATV will start and stay running when I jump the solenoid. To me that means everything is relatively correct (no burning wires while running) save for getting it to switch through the multi switch on the handlebar. The rest I am beginning to sort out as lights and indicator lamps. My real goal is simply to get it to start from the switch and die from the kill button. Anything more is optional. Thanks again, Leo

Old 05-04-2022, 06:12 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey again. Got a step further. closed the brake switch loop and it cranks. Fires with starter fluid. Tomorrow I get serious. see why it doesnt keep fuel heading in and hopefully get this darned thing running properly. Man these are frustrating. What you don't know is I retired from automotive service and parts. This should not be this hard. LOL. Leo

Quick Reply: KL 250 (Zongshen 250) needs wiringdiagram..Lynn!!!!!